Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt M4A1 Socoms...yay or nay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Are you asking because you are considering one? Any Colt is a big yes. These are pretty cool.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Colt is releasing the M4A1 SOCOM again? That’s good news!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just want one of the barrels stripped. You guys can keep the rest

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I want the M4A1 SOCOM for a particular project.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Careful if it’s new lowers or cr marked serial number it likely features the subcontracted bolts, barrels, fcg, and gas blocks. I have two new “LE6920” rifles that are literally renamed CR6920’s and I’m pissed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    And. Here. We. Go…

Feedback Score
    Last edited by c_rion; 12-08-21 at 02:01. Reason: Misfire

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Careful if it’s new lowers or cr marked serial number it likely features the subcontracted bolts, barrels, fcg, and gas blocks. I have two new “LE6920” rifles that are literally renamed CR6920’s and I’m pissed.
    The barrels have always been a 50/50 chance between Colt Factory or a subcontractor.( Green Mountain or Roscoe). The best way to tell on a pre-2021 Colt barrel is to look at the MP marking on the barrel. If the letters MP are together with no space between them, its a Colt factory barrel, if the MP have a space between them, the barrel was subcontracted. The FCG has always been subcontracted.Colt does not have a precision casting operation. Colt has always sub contracted the FCG out to Schmid Tool. The is what the S on the Hammer of a pre-2021 Colt rifle stands for Schmid. The current FCG is still subcontracted. The only difference is they moved away from the useless notched hammer. It served no use with the FA Bolt Carrier. The Forged front sight has always been made by subcontractors as well. Colt does not ,nor have they ever drop forged their own front sight towers. They have always bought raw forgings, and finish machined them. Same as they always have. So what was the problem with the "New" colts again? Aside from the selector stops now being left in place instead of being machined off, and the improved non-notched hammer, and a barrel that may be made by the same companies that colt has always subcontracted a portion of the production of barrels to?
    Last edited by c_rion; 12-08-21 at 02:49. Reason: Edit info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Why did you buy them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yet CMT (Continental Machine Tool) not CMT / Cross machine Tool was subbed much of the parts on the older Colts.

I wish people would understand it isn't a matter of subbing parts out that make something bad, its subbing out parts and letting bad parts make it through QC which is bad. End quality is end quality, no matter if it comes from from Santa or your own CNC,
    Do you think the cr6920’s are good to go? In terms of functionality compared to the older models.
    Last edited by Caballo; 12-05-21 at 20:42.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast