Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt M4A1 Socoms...yay or nay?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Get off your high horse. If you bought a gun based off its track record/past performance, only to find out that the parts that gave it that reputation have been replaced/subbed out you have a right to be pissed. The CR prefix guns are no longer using the same components or being built to the same standards as the M4/LE guns of past. I’m not sure why this is such a challenging or complicated concept to grasp.
    You have absolutely zero real evidence that the newer “CR” guns are not as good as the “LE” guns do you? You tubers that have NOT shown any “real” evidence at all of inferior quality are the only reason your mad. Seriously, if you took time to do some real research on Colt you would know that change is the ONE thing that has been consistent. The industry insiders on this forum have stated numerous times over many many years the FACT that Colt has outsourced parts for decades, it’s nothing new. The QC of parts, assembly procedure and adherence to the standard (TDP) is really all that matters or should. So what if there was a rare recall? Colt has always sourced those FCG parts from reputable sources and they got a bad batch, they caught it, although late and owned it!
    But I’m sure you know more about Colt from watching you tube than guys like, the late IG, Grant, Stick or others here.

If I need another one to add to the pile, as of now I’d buy a Colt in a heartbeat because there is absolutely ZERO evidence of the new guns being inferior, ZERO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Too much bashing of companies and individuals based on nothing more than hearsay an rumor.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    If I need another one to add to the pile, as of now I’d buy a Colt in a heartbeat because there is absolutely ZERO evidence of the new guns being inferior, ZERO.
    Well I have two brand new ones for sale, I’ll cut you a great deal…

Simple analogy so to speak, they used to make a dish I like. They changed the ingredients, started using some that don’t have the best reputation (Rosco) and I’m not sure I’ll like it anymore. So I’m just holding off for now. That simple.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-06-21 at 05:42.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballo View Post
    Do you think the cr6920’s are good to go? In terms of functionality compared to the older models.

I do. They’ve been CR for almost 3 years. Ive seen a lot of them, and a lot more uppers since, and they have all been great.

I’ve put together a lot of the OEM-2 uppers and rebuilt a bunch of 6920 uppers in the past 3 years and haven’t ran across a problem yet. Only one real tight barrel nut. Colt puts them together with boring consistency.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well I have two brand new ones for sale, I’ll cut you a great deal…

Simple analogy so to speak, they used to make a dish I like. They changed the ingredients, started using some that don’t have the best reputation (Rosco) and I’m not sure I’ll like it anymore. So I’m just holding off for now. That simple.
    what kind of deal?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, Im also interested in this "great deal"...
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    As long as the fire control group and safety have the Schmid Tool proof marks, your new Colt SOCOM should be GTG. If not, I’d pass on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    same given complete Colts are selling for 899 (new rollmark) although and without furniture, one vendor I saw yesterday had 750 with older rollmark. I definitely don't see the screaming demand for non LE marked rifles
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 12-06-21 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    what kind of deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Sorry, they both sold this morning.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, they both sold this morning.
    I saw that ad in the EE here. Somebody scored...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast