Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt M4A1 Socoms...yay or nay?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    It never fails. 17K the haters always show up. I was thinking the same thing. These idiots buy the gun and then bitch about markings or a prefix in the serial number. They never bitch that BCM is all subcontracted and their serial numbers ect. Let a colt not have a C on the carrier or whatever else and the idiots lose their minds. These people needs to stop buying Colts then.
    I stopped buying Colts in 1998 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I stopped buying Colts in 1998 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
    If you would have bought 1 per year after you stopped, you would have over doubled your money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Show me a BCM bolt or carrier that is NOT marked as such.

(or the stuff BCM had to recall after subbing out and then failing to inspect before releasing)
    This I wont buy Colts because their quality isn't the same. BCM or SOLGW from now on.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    It never fails. 17K the haters always show up. I was thinking the same thing. These idiots buy the gun and then bitch about markings or a prefix in the serial number. They never bitch that BCM is all subcontracted and their serial numbers ect. Let a colt not have a C on the carrier or whatever else and the idiots lose their minds. These people needs to stop buying Colts then.
    Get off your high horse. If you bought a gun based off its track record/past performance, only to find out that the parts that gave it that reputation have been replaced/subbed out you have a right to be pissed. The CR prefix guns are no longer using the same components or being built to the same standards as the M4/LE guns of past. I’m not sure why this is such a challenging or complicated concept to grasp.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-05-21 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    We desperately need Rob S to start another M4 Chart just for Colt, so we can differentiate the "just as good as" commercial grade Colt rifles on the right side of the chart (next to Bushmaster and DPMS), from the ones with the correct roll markings and Mil-Spec TDP part stamping on the left side of the chart.

This all kind of reminds me of the tards and nerds going back and forth about "correcting" U.S. M1 Carbine caliber .30 rifles.

Last edited by Evil Black Rifle; 12-05-21 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Get off your high horse. If you bought a gun based off its track record/past performance, only to find out that the parts that gave it that reputation have been replaced/subbed out you have a right to be pissed. The CR prefix guns are no longer using the same components or being built to the same standards as the M4/LE guns of past. I’m not sure why this is such a challenging or complicated concept to grasp.

Those parts have been subbed out since long before you were aware of it.

I’ve looked over a bunch of Colts bought on letterhead the last couple of years and they’ve all been 100% as good as ever, and 100% the same as whats on the shelf available to the general public.

Colt changes markings and people freak out. Bizarre.
    Last edited by 17K; 12-05-21 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    and 100% the same as whats on the shelf available to the general public.

BS.

Multiple threads detail the differences in the parts now AND then we have the current recall on those substandard parts.

Funny part is that you paid a premium for the current crop of crap over what the older and proven models were going for.

None of my older Colts were EVER recalled for anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Black Rifle View Post
    ...and Mil-Spec TDP part stamping on the left side of the chart.

We now have the GEDP. 'Good Enough' Data Package

LOL!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Those parts have been subbed out since long before you were aware of it.

I’ve looked over a bunch of Colts bought on letterhead the last couple of years and they’ve all been 100% as good as ever, and 100% the same as whats on the shelf available to the general public.

Odd, actual Colt employee/SME’s disagree with you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNXD_LUT61M

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’ll stick with the light M4 barrel. M4a1 if I dont have full auto it’s meh. Adding weight just to clone is for the birds.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast