Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt M4A1 Socoms...yay or nay?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    LMMFAO, Bartochi was the janitor there, no engineer.
    This thread might not get locked up if you guys would stick to facts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    This thread might not get locked up if you guys would stick to facts.

One more FACT in before it gets locked then.

His wife is all the time sending out emails begging for money, I got one from her 2 days after they returned from a European vacation lol.

Hey guys! We need your help. SAS is in need of donations for November. Our operating costs are through the roof and donations have been going down and down every month. If you can donate a couple of bucks to help us get through this rough patch, we would appreciate it.

I guess traveling to Europe is a "rough patch" of a month lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yet CMT (Continental Machine Tool) not CMT / Cross machine Tool was subbed much of the parts on the older Colts.

I wish people would understand it isn't a matter of subbing parts out that make something bad, its subbing out parts and letting bad parts make it through QC which is bad. End quality is end quality, no matter if it comes from from Santa or your own CNC,
    Some of us do understand.

My Green Mountain barrels from back when Colt used them are GTG...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    One more FACT in before it gets locked then.

His wife is all the time sending out emails begging for money, I got one from her 2 days after they returned from a European vacation lol.

Hey guys! We need your help. SAS is in need of donations for November. Our operating costs are through the roof and donations have been going down and down every month. If you can donate a couple of bucks to help us get through this rough patch, we would appreciate it.

I guess traveling to Europe is a "rough patch" of a month lol.
    SOTAR dude needs to step his game up so he can have some vacations like that.

lol!

Feedback Score
    Yet CMT (Continental Machine Tool) not CMT / Cross machine Tool was subbed much of the parts on the older Colts.

I wish people would understand it isn't a matter of subbing parts out that make something bad, its subbing out parts and letting bad parts make it through QC which is bad. End quality is end quality, no matter if it comes from from Santa or your own CNC,
    Yes, they were a bona-fide contractor for M16 parts, kind of like Rock Island Arsenal was too at one time.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Delete

Feedback Score

Do you think the cr6920’s are good to go? In terms of functionality compared to the older models.
    Last edited by Caballo; 12-05-21 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    So to be clear, an actual Colt employee who was responsible for engineering and design changes on M4’s…is lying? Or is it you don’t like what he is pointing out and it’s an inconvenient truth. At least watch it, it’s not like he is bias one way or another. He literally take a 6920 from the M4 era and the current ones and compared them. It’s very easy to understand and follow, well worth the watch.
    So from the video, he states he has nothing to comment on the actual functionality of the carbines, and assumes they function the same as the LE series. What do you make of this?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballo View Post
    So from the video, he states he has nothing to comment on the actual functionality of the carbines, and assumes they function the same as the LE series. What do you make of this?
    I don’t want to be the test bed. I came to like and trust Colt because a LE6920 went through the same testing and used same components as M4. Clearly that wasn’t profitable anymore and subcontracting started. Could they be just as good? Maybe. Do I want to take that gamble? Nope. I’d much rather jump in AFTER these new rifles/components have been put through the ringer and everyone has some empirical data on performance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One thing is for sure, the Colt today ain't what it used to be

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast