Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt M4A1 Socoms...yay or nay?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    ...because there is absolutely ZERO evidence of the new guns being inferior, ZERO.
    Except for the recall on some of them... You check your serial numbers or trigger / hammer 'markings' yet?

LOL!

(I couldn't resist reminding you bro - I tried but just couldn't help it)

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    same given complete Colts are selling for 899 (new rollmark) although and without furniture, one vendor I saw yesterday had 750 with older rollmark. I definitely don't see the screaming demand for non LE marked rifles
    Where are they selling for $750?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I stopped buying Colts in 1998 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
    And yet here you are.. the stupidity never ceases..
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    And yet here you are.. the stupidity never ceases..

I had issues with accuracy and reliability with all three of my Colts, so I took a different path.
    Last edited by T2C; 12-07-21 at 19:46.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Explain
    That you haven’t bought a colt in about 24 years and insinuate that they aren’t good anymore. You threw a dickhead post. People like you bring nothing to a thread but ass statements. 3 new Colts weren’t reliable??? I call BS on you. Not hard to do. Why join a post if you don’t believe in them. It sucks that we have idiots who just hate on Colt with lies and crap
    Last edited by indianalex01; 12-07-21 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That you haven’t bought a colt in about 24 years and insinuate that they aren’t good anymore. You threw a dickhead post. People like you bring nothing to a thread but ass statements
    I've repaired a number of them for other people in the past 24 years.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That you haven’t bought a colt in about 24 years and insinuate that they aren’t good anymore. You threw a dickhead post. People like you bring nothing to a thread but ass statements. 3 new Colts weren’t reliable??? I call BS on you. Not hard to do. Why join a post if you don’t believe in them. It sucks that we have idiots who just hate on Colt with lies and crap
    /\ this agree 100%.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by c_rion; 12-08-21 at 02:01. Reason: Misfire

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Careful if it’s new lowers or cr marked serial number it likely features the subcontracted bolts, barrels, fcg, and gas blocks. I have two new “LE6920” rifles that are literally renamed CR6920’s and I’m pissed.
    The barrels have always been a 50/50 chance between Colt Factory or a subcontractor.( Green Mountain or Roscoe). The best way to tell on a pre-2021 Colt barrel is to look at the MP marking on the barrel. If the letters MP are together with no space between them, its a Colt factory barrel, if the MP have a space between them, the barrel was subcontracted. The FCG has always been subcontracted.Colt does not have a precision casting operation. Colt has always sub contracted the FCG out to Schmid Tool. The is what the S on the Hammer of a pre-2021 Colt rifle stands for Schmid. The current FCG is still subcontracted. The only difference is they moved away from the useless notched hammer. It served no use with the FA Bolt Carrier. The Forged front sight has always been made by subcontractors as well. Colt does not ,nor have they ever drop forged their own front sight towers. They have always bought raw forgings, and finish machined them. Same as they always have. So what was the problem with the "New" colts again? Aside from the selector stops now being left in place instead of being machined off, and the improved non-notched hammer, and a barrel that may be made by the same companies that colt has always subcontracted a portion of the production of barrels to?
    Last edited by c_rion; 12-08-21 at 02:49. Reason: Edit info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Without any guarantees that the parts are made to TDP spec, I just don't see the point. The fact that they're being so shady about it is your answer. Pretty crazy to buy a mystery bag when used 2010 era 6920s are all over the market for cheap. I couldn't really care less about barrel profile because it's getting chopped down to 10.3 anyways, as I have zero use for a musket as a civilian. If it's outside Mk18 effective range then it's no threat to me, to say the very least.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast