Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom at the gun range.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Sounds like he is lucky to be alive.
    Not a life threatening experience. Witnessed it twice and it resulted in minimal damage to the gun and zero to the shooters.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    One of my Officers loaded up his duty .45 magazines with 9mm and carried it for an entire quarter. This officer worked a district where drawing his weapon daily, or multiple times daily was not uncommon. When he came out for quals he was having issues (crazy right?) with his weapon running. After watching him fight malfunction clearances several times in a row, I took the weapon and immediately saw what the issue was.

This Officer was no rising super star, he was a vet who just took the easy way out of everything and never seemed to care during training. Even though he had to come up and request his caliber of ammunition, he still managed to screw himself over. Maybe he was tired, maybe he grabbed someone elses ammo, who knows. My point is that bad things can happen, its worth double checking ammo.
    Our agency transitioned from 9mm to .40 S&W in 1998. I ran a qualification a few years later and one of the officers was having intermittent feeding issues with his Glock 22. He was making solid hits on his target until we moved back to the 15 yard line, then bullets were passing through his target sideways. He asked me to check his weapon, I asked if he was shooting old duty ammunition, then he responded "Oh s%&t! I loaded up with 9mm." What was amazing is that he did not experience malfunctions until there were only 5 or 6 rounds left in a magazine. The +P+ cases were bulged out to .40 S&W size. The Glock 22 extracted the bulged cases with no issues.

When humans are involved, things can go wrong.
    Last edited by T2C; 12-07-21 at 20:57.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Here is .300 HAM'R. Does anyone think this could be forced into the chamber under normal cycling? One HAM'R in the middle of a 5.56 magazine in an overgassed gun?

Anything is possible, but it looks very unlikely with a 300 HAMR.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Not a life threatening experience. Witnessed it twice and it resulted in minimal damage to the gun and zero to the shooters.
    I was talking about the officer with 9mm in his .45acp needing his duty weapon and coming up short.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did you find the lead noodle? Still absolutely blows my mind that that's even possible. When you look at those and think of the force it takes to extrude them, really makes you marvel at the engineering that was able to safely contain that kind of pressure. If those lugs didn't hold, you would be talking a miniature pipe bomb in your face, vs. a damaged upper.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Too much chaos, and this crap happens. We've put wrong rounds in guns, wrong cans on compatible mounts, etc. Too many guns, calibers, and people... plus distractions. This stuff will happen.

And this is another reason we don't shoot 300 worthless.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Not a squared away officer....
    Sounds like one of those guys you never allow to be behind you when you’re on a raid...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I was talking about the officer with 9mm in his .45acp needing his duty weapon and coming up short.
    Ah yes, that is a much greater concern.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Too much chaos, and this crap happens. We've put wrong rounds in guns, wrong cans on compatible mounts, etc. Too many guns, calibers, and people... plus distractions. This stuff will happen.

And this is another reason we don't shoot 300 worthless.
    Be honest your hatred for this round is because it waste perfectly good heavy match bullets in subsonic that would better be used in magnums at long range.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 454308 View Post
    Be honest your hatred for this round is because it waste perfectly good heavy match bullets in subsonic that would better be used in magnums at long range.
    I hope nobody is using a match bullet in that caliber. That would be the icing on the cake. If loaded with a bonded or soft point of some sort, it would at least fill it's very small niche.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast