Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: High PSA labs. Biopsy negative for cancer

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    So happy for you dude. Good luck on the MRI.

I didn't think I was claustrophobic until 15 minutes into the almost 30 minutes session. I wasn't even completely inside the magnet tube, my head was barely even with the opening and I could still see the ceiling in the room. They said to try to sleep, but who can sleep with the noise and vibration. After 15 minutes into it I was ready to bolt. Arms and back started to itch, cramp started to settle in. LOL. The headphone with relaxing jazz music didn't help after that. If I ever have to go in an MRI again, I'm going to ask for some kind of sedative.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

High PSA labs. Biopsy negative for cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So happy for you dude. Good luck on the MRI.

I didn't think I was claustrophobic until 15 minutes into the almost 30 minutes session. I wasn't even completely inside the magnet tube, my head was barely even with the opening and I could still see the ceiling in the room. They said to try to sleep, but who can sleep with the noise and vibration. After 15 minutes into it I was ready to bolt. Arms and back started to itch, cramp started to settle in. LOL. The headphone with relaxing jazz music didn't help after that. If I ever have to go in an MRI again, I'm going to ask for some kind of sedative.
    Thanks, buddy.

I’ll take an MRI over Satan’s butt probe any day!
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    The results came in and they’re sort of a mixed bag. Straight out of the horses mouth I was told…

It’s not cancer.
    There were abnormal cells.
    I have an MRI scheduled for two months from now.

I asked if the MRIs would become a regular thing and was told it could be once a year.

At least it’s not cancer.
    Good for you !

Feedback Score
    Waylander, I went through a lot of this 20 years ago. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mid 40s and had three PSA tests 2 months apart. First was ~5, second was ~3, and 3rd was ~5.

ETA:
    I had the biopsy and it sucked about as bad as I expected but I’m glad it’s over. Now I’m waiting for my results.

ETA2:
    Biopsy negative for cancer.
    Good for you!!! Enjoy some LIFE now, in spite of democraps who wish all us little people dead!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I was finally able to have the MRI. I met with my doctor the first time since the biopsy and everything looks clean except for what he calls pre-cancer cells. Back when I got the biopsy and later on the phone call, his staff said distinctly abnormal cells. So if I’m understanding correctly, there isn’t much difference?

I was also a bit confused by his reaction when I asked what I can be doing. His answer was nothing, just come in every six months for the standard tests. Not very confidence inspiring.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    I still think the best way to describe the experience of an MRI is to imagine yourself at a 90's rave dressed in a waist-up-only costume with two live lawnmower decks taped to the sides of your head.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I had a high PSA and a negative biopsy 15 years ago. I get the finger every year. So far so good. Doctor doesn't ever do the PSA anymore, says just the finger exam is sufficient.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 09-23-22 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I was finally able to have the MRI. I met with my doctor the first time since the biopsy and everything looks clean except for what he calls pre-cancer cells. Back when I got the biopsy and later on the phone call, his staff said distinctly abnormal cells. So if I’m understanding correctly, there isn’t much difference?

I was also a bit confused by his reaction when I asked what I can be doing. His answer was nothing, just come in every six months for the standard tests. Not very confidence inspiring.
    there are different grades of abnormal, but overall not a positive thing.

Lots of things in medicine are "watch and wait." Why do you think mammos and paps aren't monthly? Even abnormal colonoscopies can go three to five years alart.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If I have to get into another MRI again, they will need to sedate me.

I thought I wasn't bothered with being stuck into the metal tube, after about 10 minutes I was ready to get out. I wasn't even completely in, the top of my head was barely peeking out and I could just barely see outside. But having to lay completely still for 25 minutes while it sounded like a locomotive running around you gets very old. Your mind do tricks on you, making you feel like ants are crawling all over you and you can't scratch.

Either sedate me or I'm not going in.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast