Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High PSA labs. Biopsy negative for cancer

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

High PSA tests. Urologist recommends cancer biopsy

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Get the biopsy. It'll be crappy and you can move on, it it'll be fine and you'll know.
    I’m not opposed to it. It’s just it’s not without risk as far as I can tell. If I can get some health things sorted out and get back in shape in a month I can see what the PSA is then. Also it’s my understanding PSc is usually slow growing so I’m not on a hard timeline. I could be not taking it seriously enough then again sometimes it freaks me out a little.
    Last edited by Waylander; 01-11-22 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Dude as a group we're getting old and it seems like time is whittling us down.

Get the test.
    You’re not lying.
    I feel like I’ve aged more in the past two years than I did in the 20 years before that. The years have flown by regardless.

On the plus side, I’ve focused more on the important stuff. Also I have very little shame anymore. Lol

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I’m not opposed to it. It’s just it’s not without risk as far as I can tell. If I can get some health things sorted out and get back in shape in a month I can see what the PSA is then. Also it’s my understanding PSc is usually slow growing so I’m not on a hard timeline. I could be not taking it seriously enough then again sometimes it freaks me out a little.

-OR-
    If I’m going, go all in and go to a Cancer center of some sort to get a more advanced test. I’ve read could include an MRI and a trans perineal biopsy rather than going through the poopoo area prone to infection.
    PSc is slow. But it also slowly kills people. Took a good friend of mine, and took its sweet time over 7 years whittling a robust man down to the core.

Been getting tested since my mid-30s because of family history, so I know the issues. Figure it this way: if it was any other member of your family, you encourage them to get tested as soon as possible. Flip the script, and there are a lot of people who love you and want you to be around a lot longer.

Don’t dally - ruck up and get tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    >>… Also it’s my understanding PSc is usually slow growing…<<

The operative word here is “usually”! My best friend - RIP Devil Dog - found out that there are faster variants.
    Get the test!!!!! I would.

geezerjohn
    (retired pathophysiology professor)
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When this forum gets older, we can open up a subforum for general bitching. I want to throw my name in the ring for the title of bitter old man or something similar. Aging isn't fun, and having the knowledge and experience to watch others fail isn't something I enjoy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Why are you even seeing a Urologist or being screened in your 40s?
    My new GP during my last physical asked if I had seen or was seeing a Urologist. That brought up a couple of seemingly random issues I had over 10 years ago so he ordered a PSA with my blood work luckily. My previous GP wasn’t having it tested.

A blood test is cheap, guys. Get it done!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    When this forum gets older, we can open up a subforum for general bitching. I want to throw my name in the ring for the title of bitter old man or something similar. Aging isn't fun, and having the knowledge and experience to watch others fail isn't something I enjoy.
    What a crotchety old lot to be in. Lol. I’m all for a grumpy old men’s club. I’ve been accused more than once in the past few years of bitching like one. The stories I could tell and the couple of feet of scars to the red meat to prove it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

High PSA tests. Urologist recommends cancer biopsy

My new GP during my last physical asked if I had seen or was seeing a Urologist. That brought up a couple of seemingly random issues I had over 10 years ago so he ordered a PSA with my blood work luckily. My previous GP wasn’t having it tested.

A blood test is cheap, guys. Get it done!
    Did your blood work show an elevated or low white blood cell count?

https://prostatecancerinfolink.net/2...ostate-cancer/
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 12-05-21 at 12:56.

Feedback Score

Any recommendations?
    Five is a little high for someone in their mid-forties. The biopsy is not that bad. I had four before the second urologist finally figured out the cause of my elevated PSA was not PCa. A friend had a PSA under 4. Urologist pushed for a biopsy and a cancer was found. Robotic surgery, no complications. He's fine 15 years later. Wife's cousin had a PSA of 5, waited and waited. Surgery, but a little late, and is now taking hormone therapy (ADT), due to metastasis and lymph node involvement detected. In your place, I'd get the biopsy.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Did your blood work show an elevated or low white blood cell count?

https://prostatecancerinfolink.net/2...ostate-cancer/
    No WBC issues were mentioned by either doctor but worth asking about.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast