Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here successfully trap armadillos?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just remember these things carry Leporsy. So don’t handle with bare hands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Just remember these things carry Leporsy. So don’t handle with bare hands.
    They go straight into the front end loader with the help of a shovel, and get dumped in the bayou behind my property. Makes for some good gator food.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We've caught armadillos in our live traps before, but they're one of the least likely critters to be trapped, railing behind racoons, possums, squirrels, and cats by a significant margin. If you really do what to dispose of up-armoured possums, you'll probably need to just watch the yard and fire when a target appears.

And yes, they do jump ridiculously high when you open fire.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The ones I had you could set a clock to. Very predictable. A game camera works great for finding the schedule.

Feedback Score
    Broadside from about 25 ft #4 lead buckshot, 12 guage, pellets don't penetrate the thickest portion of the body but do perforate the very front and back.

Made me believe #4 Buckshot is inadequate vs humans if it cant penetrate through a 6 or 7 inch wide 'dillo.

Feedback Score
    They were all over Benning.

We have them here in Middle TN. I’ve yet to see a live one but I’ve seen a few dead ones here in there on the highway and way out on some backroads.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    They were all over Benning.

We have them here in Middle TN. I’ve yet to see a live one but I’ve seen a few dead ones here in there on the highway and way out on some backroads.
    I've been in North Alabama for probabably 20 years combined and could count the number of live ones I've seen on one hand. The dead ones surely over 1000, though.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Broadside from about 25 ft #4 lead buckshot, 12 guage, pellets don't penetrate the thickest portion of the body but do perforate the very front and back.

Made me believe #4 Buckshot is inadequate vs humans if it cant penetrate through a 6 or 7 inch wide 'dillo.
    I was surprised as well when I shot it with the shotgun. The head, tail, and legs had shot holes, but the body looked untouched. I’m switching my load to 00 buck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    The ones I had you could set a clock to. Very predictable. A game camera works great for finding the schedule.
    When I drove my motorcycle to work I used to see the same armadillo every morning.
    One day I met him in the rode. If you've never hit an armdillo on a motorcycle it's quite and experiance. I sped up, he sped up, I slowed down and so did he, eventually he ended it all by going under almost exactly where my oil filter is.
    Kind of like hitting a 20lbs walnut shell filled with pus and blood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12