Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone would do it or talking with a Liberal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    "What???? No way, this is some sort of conspiracy theory."

It's that stupid out there and a lot of so called "smart people" are wildly misinformed.
    Not always stupidity but sometimes they choose to 'look the other way' and play dumb when it suits them.

Example: My aunt Nancy was a small business owner when I was a kid. Really loved getting to go camp out at her house on weekends or during school breaks / vacations and help her out around her house / business as best I could being a kid at the time. Good people, different environment, good to get away from home and the parents for a bit...

Sometimes, depending on the work I did for her at her business or around her house she would actually pay me. Never was much but I never asked for anything either so...

I vividly remember one time I had spent the day doing proof reading work for her at her shop and after the days work when she went to pay me for it she went off on a rant about the gov mandated minimum wage. It really chapped her hide that she was FORCED by the gov to pay 'Sally' whatever the mandated minimum wage was at the time for a job that was so simple a kid (me) could do it easily and that was WILLING to do it for much less.

And then she went into a rant about the IRS coming along and taking 'their' chunk of the money she was left with after all of that... She did all the actual 'work', put in all the effort, took all the risk, played by their 'rules', and had to pay them their 'cut' of her pie at the end of the day. (leaving very little pie left for HER at the end of the day and after all of that work)

She eventually gave up and decided it was easier for her to hold her hand out looking for someone else to provide for her instead of her working for herself. Try to talk to her about the minimum wage today and she has absolutely no clue (pretends to have no clue) what she used to tell ME herself when I was a kid. Exact opposite mentality today of what she had back them.

Difference being that before she was trying to earn and provide entirely for herself before vs now - Her wanting to do as little 'work' as possible while someone else pays for her lifestyle. Someone else that actually IS out there working and earning, putting in all the effort, taking all the risk...

Those evil working people making all the money really ought to be playing by all the 'rules' and paying their 'fair share' is the sort of shit she tells me now.

She is currently the 'freeloader' she warned me about when I was young and knows it deep down. She may be 'playing stupid' but is not really stupid...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They don't know why, they just know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    As pointless and frustrating as it may be sometimes, I DO still put in the effort. Many of them are savable. Most of them just don't realize the extent of how much they've been lied to. I've had many breakthroughs over the years, and who knows how many planted seeds eventually came to fruition. While some people wish to remain willfully ignorant, I'm willing to try to save the country. If we don't try, we will fail 100% of the time. We need allies. We need people to come back to reality. If the only voices they hear are the MSM, politicians and their college professors, things will progress to a level of depravity that few of us can even comprehend. I implore you to not sit by silently and watch your country evaporate in front of your eyes. I never joined the military or went to war, so THIS is my small contribution to helping my country. I will try til I die.
    I do too, I think you sometimes need to have about four of such conversations with someone before they begin to seek you out with their own Conservative information.
    I do believe it's worth the time to do, you never know. I however am not ready to explain the similaraties between the Cuomo/Lemon situation yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    They don't know why, they just know.

Bauer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    As pointless and frustrating as it may be sometimes, I DO still put in the effort. Many of them are savable. Most of them just don't realize the extent of how much they've been lied to. I've had many breakthroughs over the years, and who knows how many planted seeds eventually came to fruition. While some people wish to remain willfully ignorant, I'm willing to try to save the country. If we don't try, we will fail 100% of the time. We need allies. We need people to come back to reality. If the only voices they hear are the MSM, politicians and their college professors, things will progress to a level of depravity that few of us can even comprehend. I implore you to not sit by silently and watch your country evaporate in front of your eyes. I never joined the military or went to war, so THIS is my small contribution to helping my country. I will try til I die.
    Same here

I'm a semester away from finishing my MSW at a large state university. Needless to say, it's certainly leftist overall, but by current college standards, my school is not even NEAR the worst. I'd say most of my classmates are liberal rather than leftist, and even some have admitted to being somewhat conservative (one guy I know even said that, while he's generally liberal, he doesn't support the Democrats because he's very pro 2nd Amendment). Even though they all know I'm a former cop, and even against the backdrop of all that's going on, they've all accepted me and want to hear my point of view. A lot of them have started to question the leftist philosophy too. So, the hope is there, and some people will listen.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    It’s important to know liberalism is a learned behavior. They aren’t born that way. They can unlearn it, with the right conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12