Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske light shorty issues

Feedback Score

New Noveske light shorty issues

Bought a Noveske light shorty 10.5 CHF. Had a class past weekend shooting suppressed. First problem happened 100 rounds in. Had a failure to feed. bolt ran over brass half way. I put a lot of lube in it and was good till last drill I had a stove pipe with new round being half picked up. The ammo was IMI nato spec (people told me it was higher pressure). When I’m shooting non suppressed it’s at 2oclock .. suppressed is 1:30 ejection pattern. Suppressor is SANDMAN S 30cal endcap …I ordered a blue sprinco spring for it but I think it was the ammo. Any thoughts by you guys?
    Last edited by Realfknnato; 12-08-21 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Can you swap the gas tube for a BRT one? I'd get the gas corrected before I started increasing the spring strength.

Feedback Score
    I could but it’s a factory gun and I didn’t want to rip it apart. Thought changing the spring would be a quick fix

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfknnato View Post
    I could but it’s a factory gun and I didn’t want to rip it apart. Thought changing the spring would be a quick fix
    If it's dedicated suppressed, I'd definitely go this route:
    https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BR...ine-p103167251

As is, it sounds overgassed, and leveling up springs and buffers is mostly a bandaid. It'll still be overgassed even if you get the action controlled with heavier springs and buffers. That doesn't mean you can't experiment, just food for thought.

Feedback Score
    I was reading that thread of brt. People saying the gas tubes only last 5K rounds? I’m going to out shoot it in 6 months

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I was reading that thread of brt. People saying the gas tubes only last 5K rounds? I’m going to out shoot it in 6 months
    A minimum of 5k. The test gt referenced was shot 5k, mostly suppressed, and then inspected, iirc. I'd just buy two or three and change them out when it gets to the point they need to be changed. The barrel will be toast, and you can replace it with a barrel gassed correctly for your application. If you're shooting a case monthly, the price of the tubes is an afterthought, esp in the scheme of maintenance, ammo costs, etc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They are wide reports of Noveske being overgassed. I have not read reports of that ever being changed.

Considering what your ammo budget is I'd buy a second upper for the gun with a correct gas port for your application (not another noveske upper unless it has their switch block deal.

A last consideration is send it back to noveske under warrenty and then bicker with them until they send you back a gun with a switch block on it. It is their only avenue to fix your gun as all their barrels will be overgassed.

Feedback Score
    The tech support guy told me to put a SUP ARMS adj gas block on it �� like wtf I should of went with a bcm for half the price or knights

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

New Noveske light shorty issues

The tech support guy told me to put a SUP ARMS adj gas block on it �� like wtf I should of went with a bcm for half the price or knights
    Yup, Noveskes have always been over gassed in my experience. Kind of crazy that their CS is telling a customer to put an adjustable gas block on just to get reliable function with a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yup, Noveskes have always been over gassed in my experience. Kind of crazy that their CS is telling a customer to put an adjustable gas block on just to get reliable function with a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2700 dollar gun… yup it’s overgassed put a different gas block on it. Like wtf if I wanted to build a gun I would have.. I watched Jim goon life or whatever YouTube video before I bought it. He had perfect ejection pattern 3-4oclock with a suppressor and without.. If I could I would return it and buy 2 BCM 11.5 lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast