Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Noveske light shorty issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everyone should probably hold their horses until more information comes out, because there has NOT been enough info supplied to make any sort of diagnosis.

1. Please confirm that this is a brand new Noveske URG, and all parts are Noveske. Meaning the BCG came with it and is not one you chucked in it that you had on hand, and nothing had been altered or changed on the upper.

2. What lower receiver is being used? Is it a complete Noveske? Is it a new complete lower? Is it one you built yourself?

3. What buffer was installed while you shot the class?

4. What did the course instructor say?

5. How many rounds did you shoot from the time you lubed the gun up heavy until the time you had the first malfunction?

6. How many total malfunctions did you have after you lubed it heavy?

7. How many rounds on that lower with that buffer spring (RE spring)?

8. How many rounds fired total through that upper, and how many total malfunctions?

9. How well was the weapon CLEANED AND LUBED before you started shooting it, or was it fired with the oils on it which came from the factory?

Once the above questions are answered, we can start digging into answers.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Everyone should probably hold their horses until more information comes out, because there has NOT been enough info supplied to make any sort of diagnosis.

1. Please confirm that this is a brand new Noveske URG, and all parts are Noveske. Meaning the BCG came with it and is not one you chucked in it that you had on hand, and nothing had been altered or changed on the upper.

2. What lower receiver is being used? Is it a complete Noveske? Is it a new complete lower? Is it one you built yourself?

5. How many rounds did you shoot from the time you lubed the gun up heavy until the time you had the first malfunction?

8. How many rounds fired total through that upper, and how many total malfunctions?

9. How well was the weapon CLEANED AND LUBED before you started shooting it, or was it fired with the oils on it which came from the factory?

1. Brand new OEM parts nothing changed on my end.

2. Lower is the gen4 lower. Had a gunsmith put a SDE trigger in it when I picked it up.

3. Buffer is the factory one. H2 buffer not sure what spring looks Normal.

4. Instructor said noveske are overgassed. And the 2nd group behind me said the ejection was around 1:30

5. When I picked it up I zeroed it and shot about 100 rounds. Cleaned it and I’d say first malfunction happened around 100 rounds in. (Bolt over brass casing. Failure to feed)

6. After that happened I lubed the piss out of it and ran it non suppressed. Towards the end I put my can back on and it happened 200 rounds after that

7. Total rounds now is 400 rounds.

8. Total upper rounds is 400 with 2 malfunctions failure to feed and failure to eject (stove pipe)

9. After initial ownership and zeroing it I cleaned it and lubed the rails with EWG.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

You don’t think their reported CS response is at all telling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Other people report no issues at all. Jim’s goon life has perfect ejection same gun that I know of. Could it of been the ammo? It was IMI. It still should be able to cycle hot ammo fine for the price tag

Feedback Score
    I also have a gemtech suppressed bcg i could swap in it along with the blue sprinco spring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Yes, but no.

As someone in the "industry", an armorer, firearm instructor, and online junky for far too long... there is typically much more to a story than what is stated. When I see the above questions without answer, I feel it less than responsible of me to go with a gut instinct. In this case, I actually had a complete answer written out, and then deleted it. If we build answers crafted around what we believe to be true, we are building on a cheap foundation.

I often find that posters are much happier to ignore my questions, and just talk with other posters instead. This lets me know they are wasting time, and really are only looking to validate whatever works out best for them (or what they think will work out best for them).

In this case, the OP came back quickly, and answered ALL THE QUESTIONS. It is like the miracle of Christmas!! This lets me know the poster has legit concern, AND, he will end up being a valued member of the forum. Additionally, I'll remember this and go out of my way to help him later on if he has questions. There are others who aren't worth replying to, or that we are all simply wasting our time with.

Lastly, I have relationships in the firearm industry which I access to get additional info, or even to help people. Good people are worth helping.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Yes, but no.

As someone in the "industry", an armorer, firearm instructor, and online junky for far too long... there is typically much more to a story than what is stated. When I see the above questions without answer, I feel it less than responsible of me to go with a gut instinct. In this case, I actually had a complete answer written out, and then deleted it. If we build answers crafted around what we believe to be true, we are building on a cheap foundation.

I often find that posters are much happier to ignore my questions, and just talk with other posters instead. This lets me know they are wasting time, and really are only looking to validate whatever works out best for them (or what they think will work out best for them).

In this case, the OP came back quickly, and answered ALL THE QUESTIONS. It is like the miracle of Christmas!! This lets me know the poster has legit concern, AND, he will end up being a valued member of the forum. Additionally, I'll remember this and go out of my way to help him later on if he has questions. There are others who aren't worth replying to, or that we are all simply wasting our time with.

Lastly, I have relationships in the firearm industry which I access to get additional info, or even to help people. Good people are worth helping.
    Just mad customer service didn’t ask all these questions. I’ll happily answer whatever lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfknnato View Post
    1. Brand new OEM parts nothing changed on my end.

2. Lower is the gen4 lower. Had a gunsmith put a SDE trigger in it when I picked it up.

3. Buffer is the factory one. H2 buffer not sure what spring looks Normal.

4. Instructor said noveske are overgassed. And the 2nd group behind me said the ejection was around 1:30

5. When I picked it up I zeroed it and shot about 100 rounds. Cleaned it and I’d say first malfunction happened around 100 rounds in. (Bolt over brass casing. Failure to feed)

6. After that happened I lubed the piss out of it and ran it non suppressed. Towards the end I put my can back on and it happened 200 rounds after that

7. Total rounds now is 400 rounds.

8. Total upper rounds is 400 with 2 malfunctions failure to feed and failure to eject (stove pipe)

9. After initial ownership and zeroing it I cleaned it and lubed the rails with EWG.

You are awesome, please see my above post for why I asked what I asked.

Short answer, buy a H3 or drop a H3 buffer in. The military is using H3 buffers in the shorty blasters for the same reason.

Other answer, recontact Noveske by phone and ask to speak with the General Manager. Let them know the issue you are having. To be honest, its not even what I would call trouble, its more of an issue. Two rounds suppressed out of 400 isn't a catastrophe. Its why we train for malfunction clearances. Don't get me wrong, I'm not cherry picking answers or making equipment excuses, it simply is what it is. Suppressed guns are incredibly dirty disgusting pigs., which no doubt you have already figured out on your own. Let the Noveske GM know what is occurring, and you were told by Noveske customer service that the answer is for you to buy a product they don't make or sell to fix their weapon which has had this issue from day one.

Again, let the GM know, THEIR OWN ANSWER IS TO FIX THEIR GUN WITH PARTS FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Personally, I would drop in the H3 buffer and be on my way. Like I said, its a common issue and that's the common cure. If this is going to be a "can only gun", you might choose to restrict the gas flow, but the upper wasn't made to be "can only". Its made to run without a can, and it can use a can as well. If they made a small gas port variant for "can only" guns, people would buy them then bitch when they shot them with low powered Wolf ammo without a can and the guns didn't run well.

Hopefully the above makes a little sense. Please let me know how it turns out.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    You are awesome, please see my above post for why I asked what I asked.

Short answer, buy a H3 or drop a H3 buffer in. The military is using H3 buffers in the shorty blasters for the same reason.

Other answer, recontact Noveske by phone and ask to speak with the General Manager. Let them know the issue you are having. To be honest, its not even what I would call trouble, its more of an issue. Two rounds suppressed out of 400 isn't a catastrophe. Its why we train for malfunction clearances. Don't get me wrong, I'm not cherry picking answers or making equipment excuses, it simply is what it is. Suppressed guns are incredibly dirty disgusting pigs., which no doubt you have already figured out on your own. Let the Noveske GM know what is occurring, and you were told by Noveske customer service that the answer is for you to buy a product they don't make or sell to fix their weapon which has had this issue from day one.

Again, let the GM know, THEIR OWN ANSWER IS TO FIX THEIR GUN WITH PARTS FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Personally, I would drop in the H3 buffer and be on my way. Like I said, its a common issue and that's the common cure. If this is going to be a "can only gun", you might choose to restrict the gas flow, but the upper wasn't made to be "can only". Its made to run without a can, and it can use a can as well. If they made a small gas port variant for "can only" guns, people would buy them then bitch when they shot them with low powered Wolf ammo without a can and the guns didn't run well.

Hopefully the above makes a little sense. Please let me know how it turns out.

Would a H3 cause issues non suppressed and maybe weak ammo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfknnato View Post
    Just mad customer service didn’t ask all these questions. I’ll happily answer whatever lol.
    Once upon a time I developed a test for Noveske customer service reps which needed to be passed to earn that slot. The idea was to have it as a dedicated and important position. I also developed a list of question to be asked to diagnose problems or questions which came up quite often. With the basic questions I asked above, Noveske could diagnose a lot of issues.

The test isn't used, and the list of questions obviously aren't used either. Its sad, but it is hard to hire a quality person who is good on the phone, knows the product line, AND is squared away with weapons. Figure what is needed, and then pay that person a decent living wage for that area....? I think we can see why you got the answers you did, instead of the questions you should have.
    Stick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast