Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Noveske light shorty issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfknnato View Post
    Would a H3 cause issues non suppressed and maybe weak ammo?
    Perhaps, perhaps not. There are variables which come into play. I am using an AR from another manufacturer right now, and am highly impressed. To start out, I had a bunch of failures, so I called them up and talked with them, and we texted back and forth, made fun of each other, told stories and got it figured out. The gun is built for 5.56, the problem is that right now I'm not shooting up my stockpiles of good brass ammo. What I'm shooting is cheap weak wolf 223. The answer is to use one spring and buffer when I'm shooting the cheapest crap ammo I can find, and use the other setup when I'm not shooting junk. Now this weapon runs like a baboon with its rear end on fire. It is amazing.

With the above info, is the weapon a problem weapon, or is it a problem shooter feeding it crap? I'm going to say the problem was me. I see nothing wrong with tailoring a buffer or buffer and spring to the two variables listed. Cheap crap weak ammo, or the usual good stuff.

I think you will find with your current upper that the H3 will work well for both, though the H2 might work a tad better in unsuppressed.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The answer is to use one spring and buffer when I'm shooting the cheapest crap ammo I can find, and use the other setup when I'm not shooting junk.
    Which spring and buffer for each? I know it will not apply to other guns but I would like to know the magnitude of change you found to work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which spring and buffer for each? I know it will not apply to other guns but I would like to know the magnitude of change you found to work.
    That particular weapon does not use a standard spring, buffer or gas system.

The change however was easy, a standard carbine buffer and spring works great with the cheapest weakest ammo.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Perhaps, perhaps not. There are variables which come into play. I am using an AR from another manufacturer right now, and am highly impressed. To start out, I had a bunch of failures, so I called them up and talked with them, and we texted back and forth, made fun of each other, told stories and got it figured out. The gun is built for 5.56, the problem is that right now I'm not shooting up my stockpiles of good brass ammo. What I'm shooting is cheap weak wolf 223. The answer is to use one spring and buffer when I'm shooting the cheapest crap ammo I can find, and use the other setup when I'm not shooting junk. Now this weapon runs like a baboon with its rear end on fire. It is amazing.

With the above info, is the weapon a problem weapon, or is it a problem shooter feeding it crap? I'm going to say the problem was me. I see nothing wrong with tailoring a buffer or buffer and spring to the two variables listed. Cheap crap weak ammo, or the usual good stuff.

I think you will find with your current upper that the H3 will work well for both, though the H2 might work a tad better in unsuppressed.
    Just got my sprinco blue spring, might get a H3 buffer at a range and see how it does

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just fail to understand how all these ‘top tier’ AR builders/manufacturers/whatever come up with all this enhanced, optimized, innovative stuff that recreates the exact problems that existed before all the enhancements and innovation, when all they would have had to do the entire time is copy Colt’s gas port, chamber, springs, and buffer.

Then they could all do their proprietary barrel contours, long skinny handguards, and Schmid NP3 triggers and actually have something that doesn’t need nonsense springs, buffers and gas tubes to run right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I just fail to understand how all these ‘top tier’ AR builders/manufacturers/whatever come up with all this enhanced, optimized, innovative stuff that recreates the exact problems that existed before all the enhancements and innovation, when all they would have had to do the entire time is copy Colt’s gas port, chamber, springs, and buffer.

Then they could all do their proprietary barrel contours, long skinny handguards, and Schmid NP3 triggers and actually have something that doesn’t need nonsense springs, buffers and gas tubes to run right.

Work at a top tier rifle company and ask less questions than stickman did rofl.. I don’t think the dude asked any questions to be honest…..

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yes, but no.

As someone in the "industry", an armorer, firearm instructor, and online junky for far too long... there is typically much more to a story than what is stated. When I see the above questions without answer, I feel it less than responsible of me to go with a gut instinct. In this case, I actually had a complete answer written out, and then deleted it. If we build answers crafted around what we believe to be true, we are building on a cheap foundation.

I often find that posters are much happier to ignore my questions, and just talk with other posters instead. This lets me know they are wasting time, and really are only looking to validate whatever works out best for them (or what they think will work out best for them).

In this case, the OP came back quickly, and answered ALL THE QUESTIONS. It is like the miracle of Christmas!! This lets me know the poster has legit concern, AND, he will end up being a valued member of the forum. Additionally, I'll remember this and go out of my way to help him later on if he has questions. There are others who aren't worth replying to, or that we are all simply wasting our time with.

Lastly, I have relationships in the firearm industry which I access to get additional info, or even to help people. Good people are worth helping.
    Well that’s fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post

Colt’s 11.5 uppers are reportedly over gassed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfknnato View Post
    Had a failure to feed. bolt ran over brass half way. I put a lot of lube in it and was good till last drill I had a stove pipe with new round being half picked up.
    4. ...2nd group behind me said the ejection was around 1:30
    8. Total upper rounds is 400 with 2 malfunctions failure to feed and failure to eject (stove pipe)
    These symptoms indicate an extractor issue, most likely the spring. Remove the extractor and spring and clean out the groove and pockets. Replace the extractor spring with a spring from Colt. Don't use an O-ring.

It could be the spring was damaged when installed, but to be blunt, few makers use the right extractor spring.

This may not be the only problem with your AR. But if it isn't fixed before troubleshooting, you'll be just chasing your tail.

(PS- 1:30/2 o'clock ejection is not an indicator of over gassing. It means your extraction is weak.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Colt’s 11.5 uppers are reportedly over gassed as well.
    Mine wasn't over gassed. It was under buffered. It ran much smoother with an H2 and smoother still with an A5 RE and A5H2.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-11-21 at 20:23.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    These symptoms indicate an extractor issue, most likely the spring. Remove the extractor and spring and clean out the groove and pockets. Replace the extractor spring with a spring from Colt. Don't use an O-ring.

It could be the spring was damaged when installed, but to be blunt, few makers use the right extractor spring.

This may not be the only problem with your AR. But if it isn't fixed before troubleshooting, you'll be just chasing your tail.

(PS- 1:30/2 o'clock ejection is not an indicator of over gassing. It means your extraction is weak.).
    Hmmmmm bought a new one from brownells
    Last edited by Realfknnato; 12-11-21 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    Range today, I put the H3 in it that noveske sent out. I noticed when getting my HD ammo cleared out of the gun (dropped mag first then empty chamber. When I pulled back the charging handle the round didn’t fly out of the gun, it hung up on the extractor. Thought that was weird but whatever. At the range first shots and boom stove pipe. I found my bcm complete bolt I’m going to try at the indoor range tomorrow and see. But 100% I think that’s the issue now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast