Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Viability of converting M4s to semi auto?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    If I tune an adjustable so light and with such little engagement that it is right at the edge of being 'safe' / functional - Yeah, it may work good for a case of ammo or 2 before it starts slipping here and there (occasionally burping out more than I really 'wanted' at a time).

Generally, More travel / engagement of the sears = much longer lasting without problems.
    The tech who replaced the hammer said it wasn't acting like a two stage. So I guess we have our answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    The tech who replaced the hammer said it wasn't acting like a two stage. So I guess we have our answer.
    Depends.

If 'you' had described it not acting like a two stage yourself I would tend to believe it. But was this 'Tech' really giving you a good answer or just telling you whatever because he had no clue and was not really a 'tech' at all but instead a 'parts replacer'?

You planning to try the replacement out or giving up on the idea?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Depends.

If 'you' had described it not acting like a two stage yourself I would tend to believe it. But was this 'Tech' really giving you a good answer or just telling you whatever because he had no clue and was not really a 'tech' at all but instead a 'parts replacer'?

You planning to try the replacement out or giving up on the idea?
    I thought it felt a little short and light for a two stage when I first got it, but that's what I had been told to expect so I didn't really think anything of it. I was just like, damn if that's what a two stage feels like I don't want to know what their single feels like.

I'm really starting to wonder if they got the hammers mixed up and the hammer was actually for one of their single stage triggers? That would kind of explain why the tech was so vague on answers.

I don't know if I'm going to bother with it. Going back to the milspec trigger didn't reduce my abilities in any way, and I feel a lot more confident with it, in terms of trusting the gun to go bang every time. It has all the Schmid marks on every part, and Colt's cage code, and that gives me the warm fuzzies big time.
    Last edited by okie; 01-16-22 at 15:10.

Feedback Score
    Geiselle trigger work just fine in Colt LE ar15’s. I’ve had a Geiselle in my Colt for 10ths with out an issue.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516