Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Viability of converting M4s to semi auto?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Dude, you don't know what you don't know, so I suggest stepping down off that high horse.

Stoning a trigger messes with the actual interface. Neutering an FA trigger doesn't go anywhere near any critical surfaces. You obviously have zero clue how these triggers work.

On top of that, stoning is basically just a rapid break in process that sacrifices long term durability for short term gains. Letting the trigger break in naturally will produce the same result in short order, and it will last a really long time. I honestly thought the AR enthusiast community was over stoning now, as I thought this was common knowledge at this point.

I've also never really felt a whole lot of grit in high quality milspec triggers to begin with. It's just a heavy pull, and that's by design. All of my Colts are pretty decent out of the box trigger wise.
    Christ dude, You obviously do not know jack about working on triggers or sear surfaces.

Hell, If you did know dick about things like trigger timing you likely could have at least diagnosed or even fixed your last trigger but instead of even trying to learn you hit the easy button and sent it back.

20 bucks says I could have GAVE you a bottle of Dykem and you would have been clueless as to what to even do with it.

Evil Black Rifle pretty much nailed it above.

Between your misconceptions posted above and your previous comments about NiB problems with respect to triggers - It is obvious to me that you post a lot about stuff you know nothing about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    You're the one spreading misinformation.
    Big difference between misinformation and scuttlebutt, which seems more often than not to turn out to be true. Misinformation is intentionally false. Simply not being able to prove an opinion that you admit from the get go is your own speculation is not misinformation, but somehow I think you know that and are simply trying to defame me because you don't like what I have to say.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Christ dude, You obviously do not know jack about working on triggers or sear surfaces.

Hell, If you did know dick about things like trigger timing you likely could have at least diagnosed or even fixed your last trigger but instead of even trying to learn you hit the easy button and sent it back.

20 bucks says I could have GAVE you a bottle of Dykem and you would have been clueless as to what to even do with it.

Evil Black Rifle pretty much nailed it above.

Between your misconceptions posted above and your previous comments about NiB problems with respect to triggers - It is obvious to me that you post a lot about stuff you know nothing about.
    I checked the engagement surfaces. They were fine. I'm pretty sure I said that, too.

Feedback Score
    I checked the engagement surfaces. They were fine. I'm pretty sure I said that, too.

You didn't check shit.

You could have but...

Don't have a clue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You didn't check shit.

You could have but...

Don't have a clue.

When a thorough cleaning didn't work, the first thing I did was uninstall and inspect it very closely, including the engagement surfaces, which were clearly visible, no dykem needed. They all looked fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Big difference between misinformation and scuttlebutt, which seems more often than not to turn out to be true. Misinformation is intentionally false. Simply not being able to prove an opinion that you admit from the get go is your own speculation is not misinformation, but somehow I think you know that and are simply trying to defame me because you don't like what I have to say.
    No, you're thinking of disinformation. Disinformation is intentionally false, deliberately misleading. Misinformation is not deliberately false, it just means wrong information, or unproven speculation, rumors, gossip, etc. I am not trying to defame you. How would that even be possible on an anonymous forum? I know absolutely nothing about who you are other than the screen name "okie" so don't take it personally. But it needs to be called out.

Feedback Score
    I probably would have agreed with that statement until last month.

As far as wanting what "they" get, there are very practical reasons behind that. I'm not really into cloning per se, you know like people who will get fake stickers and everything, but there's a certain logic to replicating what's known to work. Especially when it comes to the TDP, because there's a lot of straight up shit out there that they peddle on us civilian types (and LEOs, too).
    Was listening recently to a LMT Q&A from the prior year and they discussed that management chooses not to ship "full-auto" carriers in complete commercial weapons due to perceived legal exposure (they also believe it has no impact on performance.) More industry evidence to show that it's extremely unlikely that Colt is going to allow take-off and parts kits being sold by dealers.

And while I still think the golden era colts seems cool - what is going to likely continue to happen is what happens in all other collectable markets - the desirable stuff's useful value proposition will diminish. You're going to say "wow do i really want to shoot this gun which is now worth $2500 when i can buy something for $1300 that i can actually use and replace - even thought it has a 1 in 10,000 chance of mid-life failure vs 1 in 100,000" How about when it's worth $3500 etc? Some people will fall for the house money fallacy and will shoot it and keep it considering what they paid and not what it is worth (the rational thing to do is to say "if wouldn’t buy this for $3000" I should be willing to sell it for $3000)
    Last edited by newtriumph; 12-28-21 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    When a thorough cleaning didn't work, the first thing I did was uninstall and inspect it very closely, including the engagement surfaces, which were clearly visible, no dykem needed. They all looked fine.
    Dykem is so you can tell exactly how much engagement you have at the different places so you can diagnose where your problem is / was with the old trigger group.

Did you do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dykem is so you can tell exactly how much engagement you have at the different places so you can diagnose where your problem is / was with the old trigger group.

Did you do that?
    The trigger had enough wear on it that the interface was clearly visible. Full engagement, symmetrical, nothing in the least bit wonky.

This isn't a dimensional problem, it's a timing problem. The trigger function checked just fine, so that combined with the obviously good interface pretty much rules out anything dimensional.

Geissele just sent the same trigger back with no explanation, so I guess they reached the same conclusion, which was predictable.

Could be the springs I guess, but I find that unlikely at that round count. The suppressor angle further suggests timing issue since the only thing it's going to change is the bolt acceleration and velocity.

Like I said, if you google this, it's been talked about going back almost ten years, and no one has found a solution yet. Once that was known I stopped trying to figure it out. It is what it is, I'm happy with the solution I came up with. The FCG I replaced it with has all the Ss and cage codes and all that jazz, and the heavier pull doesn't really affect my shooting at close range. I anticipated struggling to adapt to the heavier pull, but it wasn't an issue at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm actually not surprised to read that Geissele found nothing wrong with the trigger. With EDM it's a lot more difficult to get things wrong than it is with CAM. I suspect that culprit is likely the lower with tolerance stacking.

For the sake of science, I'd be curious to see if you can duplicate your issue using different lowers, and perhaps uppers.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast