Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
On the off chance it is the detachable carry handle, have you checked to make sure it is mounted correctly with no burrs, etc.? Have you inspected the aperature to ensure there is no off center defect going on?

Along the same lines have you tried to zero with a quality BUIS?
Hi,

Regarding BUIS, I will definitely try my Magpul polymer rear sight next time, for science. Should be interesting.

Background on carry handle and aperture if you care:

I did the factory procedure for a 300 meter zero and was puzzled by the windage. I started a thread over the issue because I thought the rear sight being diagonal from spring tension was a problem and was informed that the orientation of the rear is normal. That thread had some really cool information posted by very knowledgeable people. The carry handle seems to retain zero as when I remounted and tried a 36 yard zero procedure the windage was nearly identical with three types of ammo.

The windage was annoying, but I could live with it. Elevation with a far zero was too baffling for me though. I had a local smith install a CSAT Paul Howe rear aperture on the carry handle since my brain is more comfortable with a 100 yard zero. If memory serves correctly, I'm at 13 right rather than the 14 right setting with the factory aperture (negligible).