Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for M600DF owners.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question for M600DF owners.

I have had a lot of issues running the SR 07, with the scout light rear cap, mostly a lot of noticeable dimming, and ugly yellow spot in the beam. It’s been that way since I got it about two years ago. It does this with all 18650 batteries I’ve tried. I’ve tried the SF battery it came with, Streamlights, Orbtronics, Keep power, Samsung…etc I’ve even tried Olight 12A high discharge 18650.

I thought I determined the SR 07 was the choke point.
    Today, I just received my new Unity Tactical hot button.
    The dimming seems to be gone, but my beam still has the ugly yellow spot!

I know this shouldn’t bother me, but my ocd is starting to take over, and I don’t think I can live with it. I’m already into this light package with SR 07, and Thorntail mount, and now UT hot button well north of $350..so I really don’t want to give up on it yet.
    I really, really don’t want to deal with SF customer service….and wait for months, just for the problems to not be solved.

How much better would a Modlight head serve me? I mean why not spend some more, at this point….lol.
    I’m ready to be done with these problems once and for all.

Thanks
    Last edited by camoman; 12-11-21 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 DFs and one has a PLHv2 head. The other is in laying in a drawer somewhere. I was in a similar position and I think modlite was worth it for me and my purposes.

Now if I'm just indoors worrying about home defense the DF has really good spill for that but if you really need to ID at distance in low light then obviously ML is better.

Really I guess what are your needs? I'm not one too say "it's good enough" but honestly the lumen/candela wars are over the top for people who just want a reliable HD light.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    I have 2 DFs and one has a PLHv2 head. The other is in laying in a drawer somewhere. I was in a similar position and I think modlite was worth it for me and my purposes.

Now if I'm just indoors worrying about home defense the DF has really good spill for that but if you really need to ID at distance in low light then obviously ML is better.

Really I guess what are your needs? I'm not one too say "it's good enough" but honestly the lumen/candela wars are over the top for people who just want a reliable HD light.
    I hear you, and this is on a 9mm pistol build, so I really don’t need the candela…this is more about the ugly spot to me. Other then that it functions fine, for what it’s on.
    I know I should just deal with it, but I also know me…..it’s eating away as we speak lol.

Feedback Score
    That's what SF does though. They have the warmer temperature lights and others have gone to cooler temps. My ML and my OWL are both on SBRs. I get it. The OWL is honestly a better compromise than the ML. Even the new PLH is pretty narrow with minimal spill. For tight spaces I actually preferred the SF over the ML if it wasn't for the flickering.

Since I mentioned it, I like the owl a lot. Reliable could throw, absolute tank and cheaper than ML or SF especially when talking mounts and pressure pads.

I'd save the money and put toward a can if you don't have one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    That's what SF does though. They have the warmer temperature lights and others have gone to cooler temps. My ML and my OWL are both on SBRs. I get it. The OWL is honestly a better compromise than the ML. Even the new PLH is pretty narrow with minimal spill. For tight spaces I actually preferred the SF over the ML if it wasn't for the flickering.

Since I mentioned it, I like the owl a lot. Reliable could throw, absolute tank and cheaper than ML or SF especially when talking mounts and pressure pads.

I'd save the money and put toward a can if you don't have one.
    I don’t mind the temp of the light at all, I’ve had a few SFs. No, there is one part of the beam much yellower then the rest.
    Trust me, the picture don’t do it justice.

The yellow spot is much more prevalent in person.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess it’s just me….I’m kind of a flashlight snob lol.
    I have so many nice ones, the DF, I guess is just a little bit of a disappointment for what I have in it.
    I think I’m setting myself up to buy a Reign lol…but I think I also want a Modlight head.

Last edited by camoman; 12-11-21 at 16:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I seriously doubt Surefire will consider the yellow part of the beam to be a defect.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think you are totally correct. But It is defective to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought an LED Defender Ultra when they were first released, and it had a terrible green tint. My KE2-A (same as the Defender Ultra head, except single mode output) has an awesome pure white tint, so I was expecting the same. Many complained about it and contacted Surefire.....who responded that it was completely normal. I sold the Ultra, and found a used one for cheap, thinking maybe it would match the KE2-A. It was also green, so I sold it to a friend that didn't care about the tint.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I may just get a Malkoff E2XT.
    I’ve had a lot of good dealings with Malkoff in the past, I like their attention to detail on their drop ins.
    I guess I’ll have to move an HLX to the 9mm, and move the DF back to the main carbine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast