Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBR - A5 Question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've had good luck with the VLTOR spring that comes with the kits and found that spring and the A5H2 to be the ticket for *most* setups. The only gun I run a lighter A5 buffer in is the one with a Law folder, that little BCG extension weighs like 2oz.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I've had good luck with the VLTOR spring that comes with the kits and found that spring and the A5H2 to be the ticket for *most* setups. The only gun I run a lighter A5 buffer in is the one with a Law folder, that little BCG extension weighs like 2oz.
    Absolutely this. 2.3 oz to be exact.

I found with a 0.070" port 10.3" bbl and LAW adapter I had to switch to a 3.0 oz carbine buffer, and when I changed to an A5 I used the 3.8 oz A5H0 buffer. My dad's BCM 12.5 runs a LAW adapter with an A5H3 and Sprinco Green (total of like 8.3 oz). We've never measured the port, but it must have some serious gas to cycle all that weight (it runs like a sewing machine FWIW).

Feedback Score
    I don't have anything useful to add. I just found this post to be a reminder that after having the A5 system on my "to do" list since it's unveiling, I still haven't gotten around to it.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Absolutely this. 2.3 oz to be exact.

I found with a 0.070" port 10.3" bbl and LAW adapter I had to switch to a 3.0 oz carbine buffer, and when I changed to an A5 I used the 3.8 oz A5H0 buffer. My dad's BCM 12.5 runs a LAW adapter with an A5H3 and Sprinco Green (total of like 8.3 oz). We've never measured the port, but it must have some serious gas to cycle all that weight (it runs like a sewing machine FWIW).
    10.3" with the Crane spec .07" gas port, LAW folder, and A5H0 is the exact combo I'm running on that particular gun. I'm not shocked to hear your Dad's BCM is gassy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I don't have anything useful to add. I just found this post to be a reminder that after having the A5 system on my "to do" list since it's unveiling, I still haven't gotten around to it.

I wouldn’t bother.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I wouldn’t bother.
    I wouldn't either unless it's going in a new build.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    If its on a SBR or pistol it would be one of the first things I do.
    nawai

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12