Thread: SIG Romeo 4T,S circle dot canted?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SIG Romeo 4T,S circle dot canted?

I got to try several varieties of SIG Romeo 4's at my LGS. All of the circle dot reticle options seemed slightly canted to me. As in the hash marks at 12 & 6, 9 & 3 were not level and plumb to my eyes. Is it just me? The dots were fine and I am considering this sight for another carbine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your LGS may have received a bad batch. They are not supposed to be canted. Did the reticle look canted to anyone else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Your LGS may have received a bad batch. They are not supposed to be canted. Did the reticle look canted to anyone else?
    No, the young lady behind the counter said it looked fine to her. I inspected four of them and they looked the same, canted. They were not mounted on a gun so maybe my hand was holding level.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    No, the young lady behind the counter said it looked fine to her. I inspected four of them and they looked the same, canted. They were not mounted on a gun so maybe my hand was holding level.
    I have several of the Romeo 4T optics and all mine are as they should be. No cant at all. I have found that personally I cannot evaluate any optic, magnified or RDS, properly unless it is mounted on a rifle. Others may not have this problem, but I do. You might want to ask that young lady behind the counter if she would mount one of the 4T's on a rifle for you to evaluate. It might make a difference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    I have several of the Romeo 4T optics and all mine are as they should be. No cant at all. I have found that personally I cannot evaluate any optic, magnified or RDS, properly unless it is mounted on a rifle. Others may not have this problem, but I do. You might want to ask that young lady behind the counter if she would mount one of the 4T's on a rifle for you to evaluate. It might make a difference.
    Yes, I think I may have not been holding level. I did end up buying one from a private seller and it is just fine. So my error.
    Regards