Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX fans?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Beretta APX fans?

Guys,

I couldn’t help it, I saw one of these for $370 (which I understand wasn’t even a great deal). I shot it this weekend and it felt like a Heckler and Glock VP-19x. I ran 150 rounds yesterday and it was perfect—completely boring and did everything as advertised. I went ahead and took advantage of the beretta Christmas sale and ordered some sights and a holster.

It puzzles me that this gun isnt more popular. I am going to shoot it some more but so far it seems like a definite recommendation for someone looking for a striker gun.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I picked up one for the same reason. I actually got the Centurion version but decided ti sell it and get the full size instead. The chassis system is not as intuitive as the Sig’s. But you can mix and match the grip module and the grip inserts.

Aftermarket part support is pretty dismal. Hard to find sights to replace the factory 3 dots.

Get the green striker spring upgrade. Well worth it.

Also, mags are not outrageous…listening Sig & H&K?!

I think it is probably the best budget price pistol long with the IWI Masada as a sub $400 pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    A couple older thread...
    Beretta APX
    Beretta APX for Brazil
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Interested to see that folks where mailing their slides to Beretta to get the sights put in (because they are VERY tight). I hope not. I am going to drop mine off with a local refinishing shot who usually do great work on sights.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A couple older thread...
    Beretta APX
    Beretta APX for Brazil
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have one and like it given the price I paid. It's 100% reliable, but it's not accurate. It's too wide to carry. The chassis thing is a solution in search of a stupid problem.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    I picked up one for the same reason. I actually got the Centurion version but decided ti sell it and get the full size instead. The chassis system is not as intuitive as the Sig’s. But you can mix and match the grip module and the grip inserts.

Aftermarket part support is pretty dismal. Hard to find sights to replace the factory 3 dots.
    No, there are a few options. But all of them are at the Beretta USA website, and you must buy from them.

I had a Centurion one for a while. I am a huge Beretta fan, and I have owned 41 Berettas of various makes over the past 30 years. APX - I prefer the 5th Gen G19 more, personally.

I will say that I have been a DA/SA fanatic for over a decade. The APX got me back into striker fired pistols.

The front dot (on the front sight) is larger than the rear dots, so I kept shooting low at first. I then covered all 3 dots with electrical tape temporarily, and this solved my problem. So, I got the Ameriglo night sights from Beretta USA. and Beretta USA even installed them for free for me.

The gun is accurate. But, I have small hands, and I kept shooting the gun to the left until I put the largest backstrap on it. That solved the issue, but the grip was no longer comfortable for me.

Over at the Beretta Forum, many people have complained about shooting to the left with the gun. Many who took my suggestion of trying the largest backstrap solved the issue as well. Weird how that is.

I got mine for $329, plus a $100 rebate. So, $229 (I did have to fight with Beretta for almost a year to get that $100 - but that was the main reason I bought the gun).

Anyway, after I got a 5th Gen Glock 19, I found that fit my hand much better. So,, I sold my APX.

I will say it is accurate and reliable. But there are so many striker fired guns out there. And despite me being a huge Beretta fanatic, the gun just didn't speak to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Interested to see that folks where mailing their slides to Beretta to get the sights put in (because they are VERY tight). I hope not. I am going to drop mine off with a local refinishing shot who usually do great work on sights.
    I did the same. Beretta was installing APX sights for free - you just had to wait a few weeks to get it back.

I have seen posts of many sights screwed up by doing it themselves. I hope your guy does a good job for you

Feedback Score
    I bought the Centurion with slide cut for RDO. Picked it up for $499 at Grabagun a couple of years ago. Fantastic shooting pistol. I run it with a Burris Fastfire III at some of our club steel challenge matches. Couldn't be more pleased.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I wonder if at some point in the near future Beretta will be going with the slide cuts that are on their new APX-A1 carry pistols ?

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta-apx-a1-carry/

Feedback Score
    That would be an improvement, but a smooth slide up front would be even better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast