Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX fans?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    At the price these things are going for you really can't go wrong. I spent a bit of time LOOKING FOR PROBLEMS on the net and everything negative is usually about the gun's looks. Even if it doesn't light your fire you will have one hell of a gun to stash away for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    I watched this video yesterday. I understand it’s not the end all, be all and you are only in the very first stages of the full 10K, but it has piqued my interest to the point that I’m on the lookout for a couple of these. I just wish they’d do the centurion model in an OD frame.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I've never shot one, but handled and came close to picking one up a while ago. It honestly appeared like a really solid entry into the striker fire game, it's just unfortunate that Beretta really failed to generate interest and support its own marketing. IMO that's a recurring issue with Beretta outside of their hunting products.

I really hope that the dropping price doesn't indicate that they're going to pull it from the US market.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A very knowledgeable gentleman in the gun culture once said, "Beretta can't market free sex".

Greg, he agrees with you that Beretta is known for the 92 series, so anything else doesn't quite get the traction. The PX4 compact series is trying to gain popularity due to LTT's involvement. Maybe LTT will offer some tricked out APX like he does with the geelock.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Greg, your APX review was good. I think the point made previously was poor marketing to the US civilian market. It's not like they went out of their way to make Youtubers show it off or pay LAV to review it. Beretta also has very poor customer support from my experience. My efforts at contacting them for my Tikka T3X CTR were frustrating (since Beretta USA is the contact point, not Finland unfortunately).

Some questions though, as Beretta's website has poor info:

1. Barrel: CHF? Std rifling?

2. Slide/internal parts finish: Something similar to tennifer, DLC or just plain cerakote? There has to be a reason it's $100 cheaper than a Glock or Walther.

3. So the sights are so hard to move, MGW's sight tool won't work? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2236152861?pid=250046

I see Trijicon makes HD sights for this handgun, so that is promising. I'll try to get my hands on one at my local indoor range and try it out. I shoot my glocks so well though, it is hard for me to switch (I have tried or purchased the PPQ, CZ P10, Sig P320, PDP, and I can shoot my pimped up Gen 3 G19 better than all of them). I only own a VP9 just because it's an HK

Feedback Score
    IIRC, the APX was part of the MHS submissions, right?

I notice a trend with some of the big manufacturers where it seems like the government contract side and the civilian side don't really talk to each other. As in, Beretta's engineers went after the MHS contract and it didn't work out, so they just kinda said, "Oh well...here you go civvy side."

FN did the same thing with the FNP/FNX/FNS, and they just languished in obscurity afterwards. FN at least learned their lesson and turned got behind the 509 on the civilian marketing side.

In a way, it seems like the company doesn't actually believe in the design because it didn't win the contract- so they abandon it.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Greg, your APX review was good. I think the point made previously was poor marketing to the US civilian market. It's not like they went out of their way to make Youtubers show it off or pay LAV to review it. Beretta also has very poor customer support from my experience. My efforts at contacting them for my Tikka T3X CTR were frustrating (since Beretta USA is the contact point, not Finland unfortunately).

Some questions though, as Beretta's website has poor info:

1. Barrel: CHF? Std rifling?

2. Slide/internal parts finish: Something similar to tennifer, DLC or just plain cerakote? There has to be a reason it's $100 cheaper than a Glock or Walther.

3. So the sights are so hard to move, MGW's sight tool won't work? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2236152861?pid=250046

I see Trijicon makes HD sights for this handgun, so that is promising. I'll try to get my hands on one at my local indoor range and try it out. I shoot my glocks so well though, it is hard for me to switch (I have tried or purchased the PPQ, CZ P10, Sig P320, PDP, and I can shoot my pimped up Gen 3 G19 better than all of them). I only own a VP9 just because it's an HK
    Its priced how the glock and walthers should be priced.

Feedback Score
    I like mine. The price was the selling point. I dont like the dingus on the top which i think turns alot of people off and its thicker than a g17, but it was one of the first i believe to have the swappable frames which i like. The weird thing is the mags too they have so much space when loading that the bullets will bind when using the loader.
    The sword sang on the barren heath,
    The sickle in the fruitful field:
    The sword he sang a song of death,
    But could not make the sickle yield.

Feedback Score
    I have an APX Centurion that swapped down to the 13-round mag grip midule. I paid just under $300 for mine before the pandemic. The grip module was $50. The pistol is very interesting to me because it was so cheap. I just can't believe it's as good as it seems to be and as cheap as it was. JMCK makes holsters to fit it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have one and like it given the price I paid. It's 100% reliable, but it's not accurate. It's too wide to carry. The chassis thing is a solution in search of a stupid problem.
    Not accurate? Compared to what? I don't want to believe Beretta made a less accurate Glock than Glock does.

Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I really hope that the dropping price doesn't indicate that they're going to pull it from the US market.
    Can't really imagine anything else, why would they be selling it for less than half of its competitors otherwise?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Not accurate? Compared to what? I don't want to believe Beretta made a less accurate Glock than Glock does.
    It's not accurate compared to the vast majority of pistols that I own. If A is incredibly accurate, C is average and F is horribly accurate, I'd give it a D. I don't know if it's my pistol in particular or just how it shoots for me. FYI, I'd give my Glock 23 a B and my Glock 19 a C.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast