Thread: Picked up a Stacatto CS yesterday

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Picked up a Stacatto CS yesterday

I have wanted a CS since they came out.

Initial observations: the mags have much more powerful springs than my other Stacatto's. It’s noticeable when loading the CS mags. Seems they are slowly figuring this out. Since when they upgraded my P Duo GenII mags, they gave me longer more powerful springs. Recoil impulse was nearly identical to the C2. I’m not sure I could have been able to tell the difference if the grips weren’t different. If the C2 is a softer shooter, it’s negligible at best. The CS gun shoots great and is very manageable for a carry gun. The mags are smaller in girth and subsequently the grip is as well. The picture doesn't do justice in difference in size. Still not a great deal.

The difference between the P DPO and C2 is small but makes big difference in carry. Same goes with C2 vs CS, its little but a lot-if you will. I wanted the CS when I got the C2, but I have no regrets. Its very hard to have too many awesome guns.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Picked up a Stacatto CS yesterday

Nice!

Feedback Score
    Good luck with a pair of fine pistols.

But I must say I am old, they look funny with the shorter slides. For some reason I can get over the shorter slides, a 1911/2011 needs a 5 inch barrel. Hi Power and/or 1911 government model look "normal" to me. But what do I know, as many here know my carry pistol is a Glock 35 with a 6 inch .357sig barrel.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Subjective of course, but the CS looks like THE Perfect Conceal Carry Gun for a 1911/2011 Guy.
    Follow up with Range Report please.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I got a pic of these in a text yesterday, but didn't realize one was a new pistol.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I just picked one up less than a week ago as well. I found one in stock with the DLC barrel so I grabbed it. My original plan was to get a C2, but so far I am very happy with the CS from first impressions. I have a Tenicor Certum3 for it, and the pistol really disappears well for me; so far it looks like it conceals better than my G19.

I've only got to put 300 rounds through it so far. I had one failure to fire (hammer dropped but didn't ignite the primer). I'm fairly certain it was the shitty range ammo. I bought a box of 200 extra rounds cause I wanted to keep shooting.

I'm waiting to pick up a couple more cases of ammo so I could put some more rounds through it. I've never dived into the world of 1911/2011s, but so far I'm liking it a lot.

It will be cool to see if they revamp their entire line around the CS mags.
    Last edited by w3453l; 10-03-23 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    How does that stippling pattern feel under recoil? Is it grippy enough as is?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    GlockTG, Grip is near perfect and plenty grippy as you called it. You don't feel anything odd under recoil and the recoil feels like a larger gun IMO, 100% GTG!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    GlockTG, Grip is near perfect and plenty grippy as you called it. You don't feel anything odd under recoil and the recoil feels like a larger gun IMO, 100% GTG!

PB
    Gee, thanks. Now I have to have have one!

jk
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Subjective of course, but the CS looks like THE Perfect Conceal Carry Gun for a 1911/2011 Guy.
    Follow up with Range Report please.
    Mine did fine, first 50 rounds. Dad is in town, will burn the pistol down when he leaves next week.