Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT Defender SPM10 SBR

Feedback Score

LMT Defender SPM10 SBR

I bought this LMT Defender SBR model SPM10 off GunBroker for what I think was a pretty good deal for what's supposed to be a quality rifle. I like my rifles pretty plain and this certainly fits the bill. It's got a chrome lined 10.3" barrel and a rubberized grip. It needs a rear sight, so I'll probably get one of the LMT ones if I can find it for a decent price. It will be a while before I can post a range report due to it being in jail at my local gun store, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the stamp approved faster by e-filing the Form 4 (assuming they come back on line next week). If you know anything special about it, let me know.

Last edited by Bret; 12-15-21 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Keep lookin for an LMT rear sight. If over the months in jail and you still cant find A LMT rear, I might have one. Good luck with your great gun. Very baddass.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I finally got it home after a seven month wait.

Obviously, I'll try it out as-is. Assuming it runs like it should, I'll try the upper on my M16 lower. It's lame that it came with a semiauto bolt carrier, so I'll have to swap that out. The grip is nice as is the charging handle's left side pull.
    Last edited by Bret; 10-07-22 at 20:53.

Feedback Score

[/img]

What do y'all think about this rear sight? I found it in my extra parts stash. I don't remember buying it, but my guess is that I did so because the price was right. The cage code indicates that it was made by Design West Technologies. Obviously, the distances indicated would be off and well beyond optimistic, but will it zero?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Got one, nothing not love. Congrats

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What do y'all think about this rear sight? I found it in my extra parts stash. I don't remember buying it, but my guess is that I did so because the price was right. The cage code indicates that it was made by Design West Technologies. Obviously, the distances indicated would be off and well beyond optimistic, but will it zero?

Nice gun!

Its a small world, I have a MaTech on my LMT SPM14. Yes it should zero. If you bought the gun new, reach out to LMT and ask to exchange bolt carriers, I know they have done it in the past. If it has a standard 3.0 oz buffer like my SPM came with, I would change it out for a H1 or H2.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tips. I'll give LMT a call, but I'm not holding out much hope. Putting a semi carrier in the gun is a jerk move to begin with. There's no reason to do it other than to pacify the gun grabbers.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I'll give LMT a call, but I'm not holding out much hope. Putting a semi carrier in the gun is a jerk move to begin with. There's no reason to do it other than to pacify the gun grabbers.
    Its a jerk move, I agree. I bought a used upper that happily came with a FA LMT carrier, but the Defender lower I bought to complete it had a standard/3 oz buffer.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I checked and found that my SPM10 came with a 3.0oz buffer.

I'd like my rifle to be 100% LMT, but dang they're proud of their BCG's and buffers. Plus, I'm not even sure that LMT makes their regular FA BCG's and their buffers. I've been running Toolcraft BCG's in my M16 and have never had an issue. I think that I paid about $75 each for them prior to the riots and covid. The anal retentive side of my brain is having a fight with the part that likes getting a good deal.
    Last edited by Bret; 12-30-22 at 09:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast