Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT Defender SPM10 SBR

Feedback Score
    I called LMT. Unfortunately, they won't exchange the SA bolt carrier for a FA bolt carrier. The guy I spoke with was nice and professional though. He said that they do make their regular BCG's themselves. He also said that they don't recommend their enhanced BCG for use with a 10.5" barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I called LMT. . He also said that they don't recommend their enhanced BCG for use with a 10.5" barrel.
    Why did he say not to run on a 10.5 ? I run multiple E-BCG's in a variety of shorty guns with no issue.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    He didn't say and I didn't think to ask.

Feedback Score
    I swapped in an LMT FA BCG for the SA BCG and was able to shoot my LMT Defender SBR for the first time today. I put 50rds of IMI M193 55gr FMJ and 70rds of Norma Tactical 223Rem 55gr FMJ through it. Reliability was 100%. I was surprised that the spent cases only went about 4'. Accuracy was good, though it was shooting right with the rear sight I had installed on it. I really like the rubberized pistol grip and charging handle. The only negative that I can think of is the boing sound of the buffer spring after each shot. I wonder if a heavier buffer would eliminate that.

It seems that the LMT rear sights are available again, but the best price I can find is $188.10 which seems steep.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I swapped in an LMT FA BCG for the SA BCG and was able to shoot my LMT Defender SBR for the first time today. I put 50rds of IMI M193 55gr FMJ and 70rds of Norma Tactical 223Rem 55gr FMJ through it. Reliability was 100%. I was surprised that the spent cases only went about 4'. Accuracy was good, though it was shooting right with the rear sight I had installed on it. I really like the rubberized pistol grip and charging handle. The only negative that I can think of is the boing sound of the buffer spring after each shot. I wonder if a heavier buffer would eliminate that.

It seems that the LMT rear sights are available again, but the best price I can find is $188.10 which seems steep.
    It is a little steep, but if it completes your rifle and you really want it, go for it. I like the ma-tech sights too but on some guns I prefer the LMT sights.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't think a heavier buffer will change the noise the spring makes. I honestly don't notice it any more on ARs, but I also have some hearing loss. I can still hear my M1 ping, that's all that matters

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. I forgot they came with the Carbine buffer. An H2 will make that gun run beautifully.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12