Thread: winchester sxp field 12 gauge pump action shotgun

Feedback Score

winchester sxp field 12 gauge pump action shotgun

For the first time since 2016 we will have both or our sons home for Christmas. They are both Navy.
    While they are home my brother and I will take them shoot some clays out in the pasture. Im thinking of buying each of them a winchester sxp field 12 gauge.
    Are these decent guns for the money? Or would the Benelli Nova be a better pick? Though I’m not sure how I feel about integrated polymer stock/receiver
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 12-16-21 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have no experience with the Winchester, but I had a Benelli Nova LE for awhile and it was just excellent all around.
    It did kick a migh tho, which is why I sold it, as I had a bad shoulder at the time. Recently saw one for even cheaper than the one I had in 2019, Im gonna get one again after 1st of the year.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and bought 2 Winchesters for a grand total of $630 after tax with a $20 rebate per shotgun.
    Initial impression upon inspection is that they seem pretty well built. Time will tell. I just put them back in the boxes and wrapped them with wrapping paper. They should definitely put smiles on their face Christmas morning. The only had one nova left in stock. Had they had 2 I would’ve bought those instead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How'd they like those shotty's?
    I think theyll serve well, just vet them & rock on.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    How'd they like those shotty's?
    I think theyll serve well, just vet them & rock on.
    They had an absolute blast today with them. We shot two boxes of clays, about a case of water bottles, and countless shells with zero issues.
    If I’m ever in the market for a pump 12 for myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up. My dad brought out his ~50 year old Winchester pump for comparison. The fit and finish is definitely nicer on the older U.S. made shotty, but at the end of the day I had two very happy sons.
    We finished off the day sending slugs down range with my M2.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm a 1200/1300 fan. I'm pretty rough on my bird guns and they handle the abuse just fine. My duck guns get cleaned at the end of the season. Just lake dunks and some oil during the season.

The speed pumps don't really agree with heavy loads though. It will fully extract and eject if you have a weak grip on the pump which will sometimes cause a feeding issue on the next round. However, I've never had a speed pump jam up from ice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    They had an absolute blast today with them. We shot two boxes of clays, about a case of water bottles, and countless shells with zero issues.
    If I’m ever in the market for a pump 12 for myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up. My dad brought out his ~50 year old Winchester pump for comparison. The fit and finish is definitely nicer on the older U.S. made shotty, but at the end of the day I had two very happy sons.
    We finished off the day sending slugs down range with my M2.
    Thats great,man...very glad to hear!