Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Long Range Carbine Class...6933?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Not sure if you’re aware, but if you have your DOPE at more than one distance, StrelokPro can back-calculate your muzzle velocity.
    Thanks for this, super helpful thread everyone
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not sure if you’re aware, but if you have your DOPE at more than one distance, StrelokPro can back-calculate your muzzle velocity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Thanks for this, super helpful thread everyone
    I think it’s called Trajectory Truing. Tap the icon at bottom right of the main screen and the rest is self-explanatory.

E8A2965D-C033-4230-8EE1-69CD5A343204.jpeg E5AD77A9-CF49-4427-96BC-343DB8B44CA4.png
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 01-25-22 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Back to post #13, this is my son shooting at Byers (I think) where they do a combat course of fire. You should try this match to stretch your abilities to use the equipment you already own.

He shoots it with a rack-grade M4 clone and ACOG against fellas with a whole lot more invested:

Lotta Proud Pappa here, very nice. Looks like a badass.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-25-22 at 19:16.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm a member at CRC. Do you know which specific match this is?

Back to post #13, this is my son shooting at Byers (I think) where they do a combat course of fire. You should try this match to stretch your abilities to use the equipment you already own.

He shoots it with a rack-grade M4 clone and ACOG against fellas with a whole lot more invested:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't know how often they do them. I think he's shot three since he got to Carson last February.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Lotta Proud Pappa here, very nice. Looks like a badass.

PB
    Thank you. His mom and I are very proud of him.

He broke his back on jump #4 in jump school. Healed up, went back, finished as class officer honor grad. Pre-Ranger starts this weekend, going to Benning next month.

When he needs bullets he just calls and Dad's Army Ammunition Plant goes to work.

Here are details of the Colorado combat matches:

Colorado Rifle and Pistol Club and Buffalo Creek Rifle Club offer matches that start at 600 yards and go to 300 shooting sustained and rapid-fire, and 200 and 100 with "Snap" exposures and moving targets, then close in to 25 yards to 10 yards with a pistol. You'll probably get more out of training for and shooting in these than converting expensive ammo into noise.

A 6920 and ACOG should be your minimum.

Here's the course of fire for Buffalo Creek (my kid shoots this with a rack-grade M4A1 with ACOG, loaded with 69 Tipped Sierra Match Kings and a Beretta):

COURSE OF FIRE
    2-Gun Rifle-Pistol Match

Rifle Phase: Relay 1 fires at 600, 500, 300, and 200 yds. Pit change and repeat COF for Relay 2.

Pistol Phase: Relay 1 fires pistol at 25 yds. repeat COF for relay 2. Pistols may be holstered but must be “shown safe”, chamber empty, in “weapon condition four”

Sight-in Phase: Coaching is allowed. Once the shooter is zeroed at the 600yd line standard come-downs can be applied if the shooter does not have ballistic data.

From the 600yd line, standard come downs are 4MOA(1.2mils) down to 500yds;
    7 MOA(2.0mils) down to 300yds;
    and 3 MOA(0.9mils) to down 200yds.

Firearm Safety: While in pits, absolutely no handling of firearms. This includes adjusting slings, sights, or “show and tell”. On firing lines, all commands to load or commence fire will come from line officer. Unless engaged in live fire as directed, all firearms will be unloaded with an “empty chamber indicator” in place OR in “weapon condition four”, until line officer says
    otherwise.

Targets: DOD M9 Target US Army 25 meter E silhouette, or equivalent 20 inch x 40 inch silhouette will
    be used for both rifle and pistol phases.

No Alibis: No re-fires will be granted. Safely clear all malfunctions and resume fire until time expires.

Rifle Stages

Stage 0 - 600 YDS: Prone slow fire, 5-minutes, unlimited sighting shots, pull and mark each shot.

Stage 1 - 600 YDS: Prone slow fire, 10 record shots in 10 minutes, pull and mark each shot. All hits 5 points.

Stage 2 - 500 YDS: Prone timed fire, start in position, 10 shots in 70 seconds. All hits 5 points.

Stage 3 - 300 YDS: Prone rapid fire from standing, 10 shots in 60 seconds with a magazine change. Targets scored using ring value.

Stage 4 - 300 YDS: Sitting or kneeling sustained fire. 10 shots in 2 minutes. Targets scored at end of 2 min. Targets scored using ring value.

Stage 5 - 200 YDS:

Exposure 1 (12 seconds): Standing from high alert/ready 2 shots.

Exposure 2 (12 seconds): Standing from high alert/ready 3 shots.

Exposure 3 (30 seconds): Standing with kneeling: 2 shots from standing, followed by 3 shots kneeling.
    Targets will now be scored using ring value

Stage 6 - 200 YDS: Standing moving targets. With 5 rds engage only your numbered target from the standing position. Targets will remain in numerical order. Targets will traverse approx. 75 ft at a slow pace (walking speed).

Stage 7 - 200 YDS: Sitting or kneeling moving targets. Targets will reverse and travel at a faster pace (fast walk, slow run). Engage only your numbered target with 5 shots while it traverses approx. 75 ft. Targets will now be scored all hits 5 points.

Pistol Stage

Stage 1 – 25YDS: Standing fire 5 shots, drop to kneeling, reload and fire and additional 5 shots, time limit 50 seconds. Execute a magazine change and prepare for stage 2.

Stage 2 – 25YDS-10YDS: Starting at 25 yards standing, advance abreast while firing 5 shots, safely reload while moving and fire 5 more shots while continuing to advance to the the 10 yard line, time limit 30 seconds. Targets will now be scored using ring value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not sure if you’re aware, but if you have your DOPE at more than one distance, StrelokPro can back-calculate your muzzle velocity. It’s pretty handy when a chronograph isn’t available. Typically, I’ll zero at 100 and confirm drop at 200. Then let Strelok calculate muzzle velocity and extrapolate the rest past 200. If you have data to 400, it’d be even better.
    I think this is actually more important to do than to even have a chronograph. I did it at 840 yards last time on my 6.5 CM and it was really useful for fixing my dope.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I appreciate this old-fashioned M4C thread, lots of valuable information and discussion on here. Thanks for the AAR, OP, and others who contributed, especially regarding the Strelok app, I've owned it for years and wasn't aware of it's capabilities.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't know how often they do them. I think he's shot three since he got to Carson last February.

Thank you. His mom and I are very proud of him.

He broke his back on jump #4 in jump school. Healed up, went back, finished class officer honor grad. Pre-Ranger starts this weekend, going to Benning next month.

When he needs bullets he just calls and Dad's Army Ammunition Plant goes to work.

Here are details of the Colorado combat matches:

Colorado Rifle and Pistol Club and Buffalo Creek Rifle Club offer matches that start at 600 yards and go to 300 shooting sustained and rapid-fire, and 200 and 100 with "Snap" exposures and moving targets, then close in to 25 yards to 10 yards with a pistol. You'll probably get more out of training for and shooting in these than converting expensive ammo into noise.

A 6920 and ACOG should be your minimum.

Here's the course of fire for Buffalo Creek (my kid shoots this with a rack-grade M4A1 with ACOG, loaded with 69 Tipped Sierra Match Kings and a Beretta):

COURSE OF FIRE
    2-Gun Rifle-Pistol Match

Rifle Phase: Relay 1 fires at 600, 500, 300, and 200 yds. Pit change and repeat COF for Relay 2.

Pistol Phase: Relay 1 fires pistol at 25 yds. repeat COF for relay 2. Pistols may be holstered but must be “shown safe”, chamber empty, in “weapon condition four”

Sight-in Phase: Coaching is allowed. Once the shooter is zeroed at the 600yd line standard come-downs can be applied if the shooter does not have ballistic data.

From the 600yd line, standard come downs are 4MOA(1.2mils) down to 500yds;
    7 MOA(2.0mils) down to 300yds;
    and 3 MOA(0.9mils) to down 200yds.

Firearm Safety: While in pits, absolutely no handling of firearms. This includes adjusting slings, sights, or “show and tell”. On firing lines, all commands to load or commence fire will come from line officer. Unless engaged in live fire as directed, all firearms will be unloaded with an “empty chamber indicator” in place OR in “weapon condition four”, until line officer says
    otherwise.

Targets: DOD M9 Target US Army 25 meter E silhouette, or equivalent 20 inch x 40 inch silhouette will
    be used for both rifle and pistol phases.

No Alibis: No re-fires will be granted. Safely clear all malfunctions and resume fire until time expires.

Rifle Stages

Stage 0 - 600 YDS: Prone slow fire, 5-minutes, unlimited sighting shots, pull and mark each shot.

Stage 1 - 600 YDS: Prone slow fire, 10 record shots in 10 minutes, pull and mark each shot. All hits 5 points.

Stage 2 - 500 YDS: Prone timed fire, start in position, 10 shots in 70 seconds. All hits 5 points.

Stage 3 - 300 YDS: Prone rapid fire from standing, 10 shots in 60 seconds with a magazine change. Targets scored using ring value.

Stage 4 - 300 YDS: Sitting or kneeling sustained fire. 10 shots in 2 minutes. Targets scored at end of 2 min. Targets scored using ring value.

Stage 5 - 200 YDS:

Exposure 1 (12 seconds): Standing from high alert/ready 2 shots.

Exposure 2 (12 seconds): Standing from high alert/ready 3 shots.

Exposure 3 (30 seconds): Standing with kneeling: 2 shots from standing, followed by 3 shots kneeling.
    Targets will now be scored using ring value

Stage 6 - 200 YDS: Standing moving targets. With 5 rds engage only your numbered target from the standing position. Targets will remain in numerical order. Targets will traverse approx. 75 ft at a slow pace (walking speed).

Stage 7 - 200 YDS: Sitting or kneeling moving targets. Targets will reverse and travel at a faster pace (fast walk, slow run). Engage only your numbered target with 5 shots while it traverses approx. 75 ft. Targets will now be scored all hits 5 points.

Pistol Stage

Stage 1 – 25YDS: Standing fire 5 shots, drop to kneeling, reload and fire and additional 5 shots, time limit 50 seconds. Execute a magazine change and prepare for stage 2.

Stage 2 – 25YDS-10YDS: Starting at 25 yards standing, advance abreast while firing 5 shots, safely reload while moving and fire 5 more shots while continuing to advance to the the 10 yard line, time limit 30 seconds. Targets will now be scored using ring value.
    I’ll have to keep an eye out for him if I stop working long enough to make it to one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The Truing Feature on most Ballistic Apps is a lifesaver.
    We try and use as far a distance (500+ yds) as possible which seems to make corrections more/most accurate.
    With that done, all we have to do is fight wind corrections.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Gotta love an ACOG. They just work.

PB

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast