Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W 627-0

Feedback Score

S&W 627-0

Saw this shiny heavy unfluted S&W revolver for sale at a gun show two weeks ago. Price in US$ was 975.- and it has a wodden case with it.

I tried to talk them down by $ 100 but they wouldn’t budge. One guy said it was on consignment so they couldn’t touch the price. The other one said that was the purchase price they paid so he could not lower it.

Typical gun show bs where two guys from the same booth will tell you two different stories.

Anyway I decided to sleep on it, and see if it would still be in their shop a few days later. It was. I bought it.

Picked it up yesterday, brought it home, fondled it a bit. Can wait to shoot it. With everything from stout magnum loads to .38 SPL WC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So you keep proving that the gun supply is good over there with all these beautiful pieces you are picking up, what about ammo? 357 magnum was about $35 a box Trump era, it is now $60bx if you can even find it. What is it like over there?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    So you keep proving that the gun supply is good over there with all these beautiful pieces you are picking up, what about ammo? 357 magnum was about $35 a box Trump era, it is now $60bx if you can even find it. What is it like over there?
    I recently bought 1000 rds of Geco 158 gr for the equivalent of $ 454.- so $ 22.70 a box.

I also have a running WTB ad for ammo, many people stopped shooting, sold the gun and still have the ammo. I get a lot of contacts and buy it at very interesting conditions.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I love my big L-frame Smiths.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I love my big L-frame Smiths.
    It is an 'N' frame. It is similar to the more common Model 625 .45 CAL MODEL OF 1988.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ...and 629 Classic Hunter.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It is an 'N' frame. It is similar to the more common Model 625 .45 CAL MODEL OF 1988.
    Yup, I know. I have 14 N-frames, but 36 L-frames. The slightly smaller L-frames just seem to carry better for me.

Only 14 J-frames. I need to do something about that.

But there is nothing like taking a nice big N-frame to the range and shoot all way with wadcutters - it's like plinking.

I don't have a 625. Do you have one? If so, do you like it?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, I know. I have 14 N-frames, but 36 L-frames. The slightly smaller L-frames just seem to carry better for me.

Only 14 J-frames. I need to do something about that.

But there is nothing like taking a nice big N-frame to the range and shoot all way with wadcutters - it's like plinking.

I don't have a 625. Do you have one? If so, do you like it?
    I don't. A friend has a 3" and 5" that I've shot and they are very nice, super mild shooting 45acp out of that big "N" frame with heavy underlug. Another has a 44 mag Classic hunter I tried to buy off him but he wouldn't part with it. I use to have a first run 610 10mm with a 5" barrel. I kick myself for letting it go.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    ...and 629 Classic Hunter.
    Indeed

Feedback Score
    I don't. A friend has a 3" and 5" that I've shot and they are very nice, super mild shooting 45acp out of that big "N" frame with heavy underlug. Another has a 44 mag Classic hunter I tried to buy off him but he wouldn't part with it. I use to have a first run 610 10mm with a 5" barrel. I kick myself for letting it go.
    It took me a long time to find a 610 5” here in Switzerland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast