Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Striker Control Device for Glock?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Striker Control Device for Glock?

Just as I became interested in this product it seems the original manufacturer has discontinued production. Apparently the patent has expired. Does anyone know of any companies planning to offer a quality version of this and not some cheap eBay knock off? I’m specifically interested in both the Gen 5 & slime frame versions.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The manufacturer and patent holder stopped production and let patent expire. The word is that Langdon Tactical and another company received the technical package from Tau and will try to bring it back. Nobody has commented on any time frames.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    The manufacturer and patent holder stopped production and let patent expire. The word is that Langdon Tactical and another company received the technical package from Tau and will try to bring it back. Nobody has commented on any time frames.
    I would be delighted to see that. I have a poop-load of Glocks, and have fitted Gadgets on all of them.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have a couple of gadgets on my main carry glocks. I see no downside to them. I was disappointed to see them go under. Hopefully someone takes over.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For the average CCW is the primary use live fire draw practice? When else are you holstering repeatedly or quickly?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't think there are too many reasons to holster quickly at all but, yes, admin handling in general and holstering in particular were the reasons for developing it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I didn't know they weren't made anymore, that blows.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I didn't know they weren't made anymore, that blows.
    Tom Jones posted about the decision, that it was a purposeful choice to let the patent expire to allow it to become open source and open up the market for more options and potentially allow options for other make/model firearms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    For the average CCW is the primary use live fire draw practice? When else are you holstering repeatedly or quickly?
    I have one on the pistol I use when shooting action pistol matches with an AIWB holster. It’s certainly not necessary, but it’s nice to have.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would be delighted to see that. I have a poop-load of Glocks, and have fitted Gadgets on all of them.
    Langdon Tactical announced earlier today they are going to be producing the SCD, they put out an Instagram post and YouTube video. I don’t see them on their website yet, so I’m not sure when they will be officially available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast