Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saint victor pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Saint victor pistol

Caveat: I'm pretty new to AR pistols so I'm still learning.

So I was at my local range the other day that had a Saint Victor pistol, 5.56, with a 7.5 barrel for $869. That seems like a pretty good deal and I've been thinking about getting it to keep as a truck gun.

After doing a little research I've read that the 7.5 barrel will reduce the velocity of the 5.56 to nothing more potent than a handgun round.

I know it's not recommended to drop shorter than a 10.3 for 5.56 but could a 7.5 be that bad? Anyone have any experience with the Saint?

Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No experience with the Saint, but I will add a comment about the 7.5" barrel. Not only does such a short barrel produce suboptimal ballistics, but reliability and wear on the weapon are other issues of concern. Not to mention excessive blast and flash. Anything shorter that 10.3" should probably be avoided if at all possible.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Under 10.3 should be for something other than 5.56. I would not trust a SA AR to go that short and do it well. None of the major manufacturers (Colt, BCM, DD, SOLGW, Sionics, Geissele, LMT, KAC, Criterion) go under 10.3, some won't even go under 11.5. If that's not a clue, I don't know what is.

Triarc is the only one and not only do they do some things different, its still a longer barrel than what's on the SA pistol and IIRC, it was done specifically to fill a LE request and then they brought it to commercial market.

OP, what's the shortest AR you have experience with? I'm very happy with my MK18 but can't imagine going shorter in this platform.
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-23-21 at 11:00.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    11.5 is the shortest I have experience with. So I've been looking for something in the 10.5 or 10.3 area. I'm not ready yet to invest in a whole new caliber other than 5.56/.223. I've got a pistol lower that I'd like to get an upper for. But other than DD (the MK18) I can't find anyone who sells just the upper in that length. The MK18 is a little out of budget at the moment. Do you know of anyone who sells uppers in 10.3 or 10.5?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    11.5 is the shortest I have experience with. So I've been looking for something in the 10.5 or 10.3 area. I'm not ready yet to invest in a whole new caliber other than 5.56/.223. I've got a pistol lower that I'd like to get an upper for. But other than DD (the MK18) I can't find anyone who sells just the upper in that length. The MK18 is a little out of budget at the moment. Do you know of anyone who sells uppers in 10.3 or 10.5?
    SOLGW has a 10.5 inch east India upper I believe. They come pretty basic but should be easy enough to put a handguard and muzzle device on. If you want something more complete, PSA does CHF FN 10.5s that I’d personally take over the Saint.

MK18s and similar are pretty common and pop up all the time on ARFCOM’s EE and tacswap as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Link FN 10.5

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 223to45; 12-23-21 at 17:56.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I personally would not buy a Springfield Armory AR, and definitely not one with a 7.5" barrel. If something like a DD MK18 upper is out of your budget, I would take a look at this 10.3" upper from Andro Corp with Crane spec .070" gas port. $450 with a BCG and charging handle. Just need to add a drop in handguard of your choosing and you're ready to go. After being pleased with their 10.3" Crane spec barrel I've been running in my MK18 upper for a while, I picked up one of these complete uppers during their Black Friday sale, I only ran a couple hundred rounds through it but it functioned 100%.

The barrels are made by Ballistic Advantage, which they're upfront about. I'm not sure who makes the BCG, but mine is properly staked and has really good extractor tension, which is something that many cheap BCGs are often lacking.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I may wait until I can afford the mk18. But is the difference between the 11.5 and 10.3 significant? If not, I may just carry the 11.5 I have. The fn barreled psa looks interesting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I may wait until I can afford the mk18. But is the difference between the 11.5 and 10.3 significant? If not, I may just carry the 11.5 I have. The fn barreled psa looks interesting.
    The 11.5 is preferred ballistically, and from a concussion standpoint. The downside is the whopping 1.2" added length...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Difference how, like felt difference just from handling? I have and like both, and the 11.5 does feel compact and has better ballistics in every sense but the 10.3 does feel noticeably shorter to me.

Andro corp as mentioned above has been getting some decent budget line attention as has Expo Arms on PA. I really like the 10.3 and 11.5 socom profiles with .070 gas ports from Expo, but some of them seemed to have some QA issues. Still, very tempting with their prices, feature set, and the 12% off that PA is running. Their handguards, if truly manufactured by CMT are also super interesting. The price difference must’ve come from somewhere but CMT makes good rails and the Expo ones are less than $100 somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast