Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saint victor pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm interested in the handling differences between the 11.5 and 10.5. Does it feel noticeably shorter?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Yeah, I'm interested in the handling differences between the 11.5 and 10.5. Does it feel noticeably shorter?
    He said that it did in the post right before yours. I would recommend that you go to store and handle one to see if it's something you can't live without.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think so. It doesn't sound like much but I can tell. I'm also super anal about the difference between a pinned 14.5 and 15 inch upper though so I'm definitely more picky than some.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think so. It doesn't sound like much but I can tell. I'm also super anal about the difference between a pinned 14.5 and 15 inch upper though so I'm definitely more picky than some.
    I definitely notice the difference between a 14.5 pinned and a 16" + FH as well. That said, I have had several pistol ARs and the handling difference between 10.3 to 11.5 to 12.5 depend a lot more on barrel contour/weight and handguard than the couple of inches barrel length.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everyone has their own definition of "truck gun". Mine is simply a gun fired from within the vehicle or dismounted and in very close proximity to the vehicle. If in this mode I'd recommend a 20-round magazine vs 30. Likely using a part of the vehicle as cover. I have multiple barrel lengths of 5.56 ARs. My shortest being 8.5". From a few armadillos to a couple of really large snapping turtles, it has blown the holy crap out of each with basic box fmj 55gr stuff. Watched the videos of gel, listened to the "experts" and all that regarding short-barrel 5.56s. I believe my lyin' eyes. From my personal experience of handling my pistols, less the 8.5", haven't noticed any difference in handling due to length keeping in mind I haven't been confined to tight spaces when doing so. And I find the 8.5" not much, at all, louder than 16" when using hearing protection. And it won't really matter if it's a life or death deal. The pic will give you an idea of assorted lengths. The 10.5" has an extended-length FH which might be a little deceiving.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for all the info, everyone. I ended up ordering the PSA 10.5 with FN barrel and Geissele handguard. I'll drop a BCM bcg once it comes in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Thanks for all the info, everyone. I ended up ordering the PSA 10.5 with FN barrel and Geissele handguard. I'll drop a BCM bcg once it comes in.
    Would be a good idea to complete disassemble the upper when you receive it, and then reassemble it. It'll give you the opportunity to thoroughly inspect everything and to make sure it is assembled correctly.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I definitely notice the difference between a 14.5 pinned and a 16" + FH as well. That said, I have had several pistol ARs and the handling difference between 10.3 to 11.5 to 12.5 depend a lot more on barrel contour/weight and handguard than the couple of inches barrel length.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I agree with this completely. I have ARs in sizes from 7.5 to 20".

I do not really care for the sub 10.5" guns. I used to carry a 10.5" SBR at work but, since I switched agencies, I went to a 14.5". Although there is a big difference in the 4 extra inches of barrel...(insert mom joke here), I really like the 14.5" BCM ELW barrel I am currently using.

My SBR is topped with a Colt 10.5" with a Samson EVO-X handguard and it feels a little heavier than the 14.5".

We qual on a 50 yards range and to me, there is no noticeable difference in accuracy at that distance, even if I stretch it out to 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of 7.5inch 5.56 guns. I shot the saint Victor quite a bit with that barrel length. It is an absolute flamethrower. Get one with a longer barrel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12