Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MI QD MRO Mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MI QD MRO Mount

I recently purchased a qd mount from midwest industries for my mro. I put some loctite on the screws and figured it was good to go. After I mounted it to my rifle I noticed it slid forward and back on the receiver. I tried it on another rifle and same thing. I tightened it but that seemed to be too tight.

I searched the internet and found a couple people saying they had the same issue but there was no resolution.

Anyone have any experience with these mounts?

Feedback Score
    I had one on for years on an 100000 Serial# MRO, no issues what so ever, took it through multiple classes and 5k maybe rounds underneath it
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good Grief! Midwest Industries STILL can't frigging get the pic rail spec right??? Used to be their rails, now the mounts?

American Mediocrity Company of the YEAR!! When I'm rich, I'm going to start making awards and mailing them to these shitty companies.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Good Grief! Midwest Industries STILL can't frigging get the pic rail spec right??? Used to be their rails, now the mounts?

American Mediocrity Company of the YEAR!! When I'm rich, I'm going to start making awards and mailing them to these shitty companies.
    Just curious what issues have you had with them before? I heard issues back in 2012-2013 with their rails, but haven't heard anything negative on them in the last 8+ years.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The out of spec pic rail. It wasn't the end of the world because it was a handguard and you could crank your mount down and make it work. But it's the principle of these mongos missing a relatively simple spec. CLASSIC American Mediocrity in manufacturing.

I hadn't bashed those idiots because, like you say, I haven't heard of any problems from them in years, but it seems like "here we go again".
    Last edited by markm; 02-11-22 at 09:42.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wish I would have known that before buying. And money doesn't grow on trees. I don't have an extra $100 to get another brand. I wonder if I could get a refund...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Wish I would have known that before buying. And money doesn't grow on trees. I don't have an extra $100 to get another brand. I wonder if I could get a refund...
    Who could have known? Like Hank said it's been years. You should contact them obviously. I'm just so fed up with crappy American merchandise lately.

Feedback Score
    I have a few MI mounts, including the MRO QD mount. For other reasons I will not be buying anymore MI mounts. However, the mount needs to be adjusted to be a bit tight. When you mount it, push forward against the lug and rail and close the lever. If there is movement, tighten the adjustment. I am willing to bet that that will fix the issue. I have found that the mount requires it to be tight and a good amount of finger pressure needs to be used to close the lever. Neither of my mounts has moved with many rounds run through my guns.
    https://youtu.be/mFrgAM6ahrM

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Who could have known? Like Hank said it's been years. You should contact them obviously. I'm just so fed up with crappy American merchandise lately.
    Honestly, I'm looking at one of Midwests rails right now for a 13.9 upper I just got in from Ballistic Advantage, I can't find a lot of rails in stock shorter than 13.3 inches. I know that they have all but became the same company as ADM which I have a good amount of their mounts and never had an issue with them at all. I did have an issue with an ADM lower and that got resolved within a week.

@ ODUGRAD, I would call them, they are a sponsor on the site and I thought that they had someone on here who answered their questions directly. Let us know how this goes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    I have a few MI mounts, including the MRO QD mount. For other reasons I will not be buying anymore MI mounts. However, the mount needs to be adjusted to be a bit tight. When you mount it, push forward against the lug and rail and close the lever. If there is movement, tighten the adjustment. I am willing to bet that that will fix the issue. I have found that the mount requires it to be tight and a good amount of finger pressure needs to be used to close the lever. Neither of my mounts has moved with many rounds run through my guns.
    https://youtu.be/mFrgAM6ahrM

Cheers, Steve
    When I tighten it (requiring a pretty good amount of force to clamp) they stay put. I just thought you didn't have to tighten up that much. I've reached out to MI. I'll keep you posted on their response.

That's good to hear that your mount hasn't moved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast