Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best current full sized, enclosed, holographic sight on the market?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What is the best current full sized, enclosed, holographic sight on the market?

I just purchased two Holosun aems, for two pistol builds, and so far I'm pretty impressed.
    I have a 300blk build, that will also need an optic soon.
    I'm looking at a few halo sights.

Holosun 512c
    Sig Romeo8h

Im looking for decent quality, durability, and battery life. I'm leaning towards the Romeo8h, but I really like the two Aems, i just sighted in today.
    Which one is actually a better unit?

Feedback Score
    Neither of these are holographic sights... rofl.

Feedback Score
    If you want holographic, you're looking for something like an Eotech.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, im not looking for a 500 hour battery life, thats for sure.
    And unfortunately, Eotech...is not on the list.
    If L3 made a model that the reticle was illuminated with an led, and not a laser, i'd consider it...but they don't, and thats why they have the terrible battery life.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I honestly don't see the advantage of the sights you mentioned over the AEMS. They use the same emitter, and tech, but are several ounces heavier. I suppose you might have an argument for increased theoretical durability, but who knows if that is true in practice?

I believe Vortex and Steiner have a couple enclosed emitter sights in similar configuration.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I honestly don't see the advantage of the sights you mentioned over the AEMS. They use the same emitter, and tech, but are several ounces heavier. I suppose you might have an argument for increased theoretical durability, but who knows if that is true in practice?

I believe Vortex and Steiner have a couple enclosed emitter sights in similar configuration.
    You could be totally right. The aems is made from a 7075 housing, so it should be pretty durable. I may just pull the trigger on another one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    You could be totally right. The aems is made from a 7075 housing, so it should be pretty durable. I may just pull the trigger on another one.
    Alternately, you could just wait until next year when Holosun inevitably releases the Grade 5 Titanium version of the AEMS and calls it the Pro, or something similar. Grade 5 Ti is significantly stronger than 7075 T6.

ETA: The above suggestion is somewhat tongue in cheek. The increased strength and toughness of Grade 5 Ti over 7075 T6 is real, but probably overkill. That said, I do have a couple of Holosun's Ti dots. They're a little bit heavier than the Al ones, but I like the way they look better.
    Last edited by georgeib; 02-11-22 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    If L3 made a model that the reticle was illuminated with an led, and not a laser, i'd consider it...but they don't, and thats why they have the terrible battery life.
    First of all, they offer 2500 hours of battery life now and has been for a few years.

Secondly, L3 no longer owns Eotech, they haven't been for a few years now.

Thirdly, if the reticle is illuminated with a led, it is not a holographic sight, but a reflex red dot.

Feedback Score
    If you want something illuminated by an led then you're not looking for a holographic sight, you're looking more for a traditional red dot or prism.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    If you want something illuminated by an led then you're not looking for a holographic sight, you're looking more for a traditional red dot or prism.

Im pretty sure Eotech is the only holographic sight illuminated with a laser.
    Holosun uses an Led, Sig uses an led, Vortex uses an led etc, etc.
    That is why these sights boast 40k plus battery life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast