Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6x24.... Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ordered the Viper 1x4x24 from Midway USA..

Thanks everybody

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    The Strike Eagle 1-6 is pretty decent for the money. However the Viper 1-6 is a significant step up in my opinion. Glass quality and 1x performance are much better.
    This^^^
    Plus the Strike Eagle is made in China while the Viper is made in the Philippines.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wouldn't bother as the glass edges at 6x are blurred (at least on the 2 I had), eyebox isn't great and instead would go with the RT6. RT6 is far better across the board as the glass, durability, size and eyebox is outstanding.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    The Gen 2 Strike Eagles are 100% improvements over the originals. Another line of "budget" optics that needs to be taken seriously is Swampfox Optics Arrowhead line. Been using their 1-8x24 with BDC for a year as my primary. Only issue I had was when I loosed the top screw to be able to put the dial back to "0" after actually getting the optic zeroed I forgot to tighten the screw back down and it fell out, which in turn didn't let me make in adjustments. Swampfox sent a replacement right away.

Just did some recce patrol style training on New Years Day. It was 17*, foggy and freezing rain to snow during the 6 hours we were out utilizing the training area. I didn't have any issues at all with the optic, was able to PID and engage a target at 428 yards from a concealed position in the fog/rain with ease.

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/arrowhead-lpvo-series

Feedback Score
    Agree with Rutgers, the rt6 is definitely better imho. Have had the strike eagle, the pa 1-6, and the rt6. Rt6 has the best glass of the 3, pa has the nicest reticle. But that 1-4 on sale at midway for $300 is no brainer. Better glass is better than extra magnification. I could see my targets better with a 3 power Acog than a strike Eagle on 6 power. Whole different class of glass obviously.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would look at the two SWFA offerings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I wouldn't bother as the glass edges at 6x are blurred (at least on the 2 I had), eyebox isn't great and instead would go with the RT6. RT6 is far better across the board as the glass, durability, size and eyebox is outstanding.
    I would have to agree with this !!! RT6 is very nice for the price point.. really clear glass and nice reticle. I have not looked thru a Strike Beagle since I dumped mine a couple years ago, so I cant speak to the new Gen of them...

Vortex 1-4 is solid choice too, I prefer it with capped turrets but that's just my preference

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Strike Eagle would be a good introduction to the world of LPVOs. I suspect that you will be ready for an upgrade in the near future, but you won't be out too much money as you go through the learning process. This is not meant to imply that there is anything wrong with the Strike Eagle.

I remember being disappointed that I wasn't suddenly shooting cloverleafs with my m193 ammo at 100 meters. That was not a realistic expectation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WornOutGrunt View Post
    I would have to agree with this !!! RT6 is very nice for the price point.. really clear glass and nice reticle. I have not looked thru a Strike Beagle since I dumped mine a couple years ago, so I cant speak to the new Gen of them...

Vortex 1-4 is solid choice too, I prefer it with capped turrets but that's just my preference
    yes, it's a no brainer and especially when you consider you can get them for less than 400

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12