Thread: Eugene Stoners Thoughts on the M16 A2

Feedback Score

Eugene Stoners Thoughts on the M16 A2

This presentation covers some interesting details from Mr Stoner himself on the A2 sight, the forward assist, the 3 round burst, and the A2 handguard.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great vid. I learned a lot. Vid should be added to the long debated thread on the forward assist...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    What I found most interesting was Mr. Stoners take on how after the first 3 rounds on auto the rifle lifts and then returns to the original POA. Never was a fan of the burst in theory or application.

His perspective on the forward assist is worthwhile simply because he's the designer. Arguing over it however is as useless as the 45 or 9mm debate.
    Last edited by prepare; 12-26-21 at 09:02.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    delete
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 12-26-21 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    Nice vid. Interesting to hear Stoner's views.

I've had cause to use the assist a few times. I like the A2 sights, but I'm a jarhead, so there's that. 3 round burst just sucked, period. Weapons get approved by committee, and bad decisions get made. That is the real takeaway, course that's been true since the sharp stick was military issue.

I believe Stoner was trying to say that 3rds does not give you time to adjust for the rise. It sorta came across like something that will just happen, but I'm sure that ain't what he was trying to say. Cause it won't.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Henry Ford said some stupid things about changes to cars, too. And let’s never forget, “you can have any color you want so long as it’s black”.

Designers and originators can be blind to progress, too. There are things I agree with him on and things I disagree on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I thought Mr. Stoner's comments on the sights made a lot of sense. I do greatly prefer the large/small apertures on the A2 though.

Andy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Some dude put together a complete playlist of the Stoner interview tapes, I've watched pretty much all of them at this point.

Well worth the time.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VpKZVDBsS6b3Ub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk