Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 308 small rifle primer brass

Feedback Score
    Dang, I’m glad these recent comments showed up on my notifications. I completely forgot I even bought components for 308. I’ve yet to load any. Maybe I can press out a few very soon.
    Life gets busy and “poof”, months go by

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gotta do it!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Picked up my rifle Wednesday and finally got to load a few small primer brass. I chose to use some cci #200 primers, RL15, and Nosler 150gr Nosler BT projectiles. Weather deteriorated really quick and had to stop early due to lightning. Our local range was once covered, but hurricane Ida decided we do not need shelter.
    My first test load was 43 grains and produced a decent group. Then I moved on to 44gr and I honestly don’t know if it was the load, or me, but it was horrible. The rain and wind had started picking up. Finally before calling it quits I quickly put 3 Norma 150gr soft points down range.
    Prior to shooting the hand loads I had shot 15 of the Norma soft points.
    I really need to get a good bag to shoot from, that Caldwell stinger is horrible and difficult to get a good steady hold.
    Anyways here are the results so far. Next trip I’ll go out to our gun club and take out to 200-600 yards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    I really need to get a good bag to shoot from, that Caldwell stinger is horrible...
    Since you mentioned it...

Under the foreend I use a Caldwell "Rock Jr.," with a leather #1 Protektor "owl ear" bag on it. (The shiddy nylon/vinyl Caldwell bag failed.)

In the back I use another Protektor (a #13 "rabbit ear" bag).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Since you mentioned it...

Under the foreend I use a Caldwell "Rock Jr.," with a leather #1 Protektor "owl ear" bag on it. (The shiddy nylon/vinyl Caldwell bag failed.)

In the back I use another Protektor (a #13 "rabbit ear" bag).
    Thanks for the input. The stinger is ok for elevation but windage is horrible. I constantly have to hold a bind on it to hold it true as possible

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345