Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US AKs - any there yet?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

US AKs - any there yet?

As per subject. SEEMS like only the latest KR 103 is worthy at least in form and now has a CHF barrel. But its now up to $1400+ with the CHF. PSA seems to still have QC issues. Anything worthy emerging?

Feedback Score
    The stuff from these guys look promising, https://kalashnikov-usa.com/. I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of their KR-104 SBR's since I cannot find or get a Arsenal SLR107 AK. And my Draco that I'm using with a suppressor will not hold a zero. All Arsenal seem to be importing is stuff with milled receivers. Which I don't like because of the add weight of the milled receivers. I have lots of different makes of AK's and the Arsenal stuff is my favorite.
    Last edited by oddballmkg; 02-14-22 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    There are some "boutique" builders doing a good job using import parts. Atlantic house builds are usually pretty good, but I don't know much about the Kolarms parts they are using now for most of their stuff.

I've heard good things about KUSA, but I haven't tried one out as yet.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    SEEMS like only the latest KR 103 is worthy at least in form and now has a CHF barrel. But its now up to $1400+ with the CHF.
    The non-folding version is $1,100 at gunzonedeals.com with a chrome lined barrel and free shipping. Their side folding version just came out, but it's only been for sale at Atlantic for $1,289 and is sold out now. I'm going to get one, but I'll wait about six months so that more can hit the market to dampen the price.

Quote Originally Posted by oddballmkg View Post
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of their KR-104 SBR's since I cannot find or get a Arsenal SLR107 AK.
    Get it and please post a review with pictures. I wonder if they're only selling their factory SBR's from their website or if they're going to start selling them through their dealer network like all the rest of their guns. I bought my KR-9 SBR through one of their dealers.
    https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/...-barrel-rifle/

Last edited by Bret; 02-14-22 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I wouldn’t kick that KR 104 out of bed.

Feedback Score
    I bought KUSA's KP-9 as a pistol and SBR'd it.
    It has been rock solid, accurate and is a real hoot to shoot.
    Everything about this KP-9 says that KUSA has their sh!t together.

I really would like to acquire their KR-103 SFS/CHF... No hesitations if I had the mad money.

Last edited by ChileRelleno; 02-15-22 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    Would you guys choose an Atlantic build over the PSA 103 with FN barrell? Or neither?

Feedback Score
    I've been shooting an East German parts kit Atlantic build for years now. It's as accurate as I am, and always reliable.

I definitely want a Kalashnikov USA though

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I own an SGL 21.

I bought a PSA AK103.

I wanted a hammer forged and chrome lined and forged trunions, etc. I’d highly recommend that to anyone in the market.

Ymmv.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/KU...ale/64-168525/

I (themao), bought one. The top cover fit funky and the front sight drum was fused or somehow welded/glued to the front sight base. I couldn’t zero the darn thing for windage and sent it back mid-December. I’m supposed to get it back next week.

Regardless, I put 4-5 magazines through it with zero issues. The trigger is nice with no creep. Fit and finish good (but its not a custom build). It truly looks like a real AK-103 for sure with the rivets, bolt, etc.

I’ll post a report next week when I get it back. If they get their crap right, I’ll buy an AK-101 from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast