Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cut the tang? (SAIGA)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Which model and why? They do have a wide folding M4 stock now. Did yours fold with optics or allow you to use the FCG if right sided? Thanks.
    It was the M4 style for the slant cut Vepr folding to the left. The rifle had a Texas Weapon Systems top cover so the optic rail was unused anyway. I was thinking that if I were doing it again, I'd go with the non-adjustable stock as I didn't really find it necessary to adjust LOP with a low mounted red dot. And the non M4 stock is lighter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I wasn’t aware you had redesigned the stock. Could you post some pics of the updated version?
    Here are pics of old style and new style
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...105_155704.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...105_155713.jpg
    Bonesteel Arms. When "good enough" isn't good enough

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bonesteel View Post
    Oh nice, that’s pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.
    Where is the best place to get the updated version? Directly from your site or are you still working with CNC Warrior to produce them?

Feedback Score
    Cnc warrior still makes our hinges, but the tubes and buttplates we get separately. Cnc has purchased some of them from us, but as far as i am aware they are still mostly selling the older style.
    Bonesteel Arms. When "good enough" isn't good enough

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I want to THANK Chris for jumping in here...

I actually decided against (in general) cutting tangs. I ended up buying one of his stocks (Galil Folder) on a Mak90. What a great stock. While I would like the stock to hold more securely in the folded position, it seems to stay put enough, and I GET the CONOP - you are USUALLY going to use the carbine with the stock deployed and MAN is it solid kit - then IF you need to jump in a car/etc. you fold it - it is always a temporary measure. Makes perfect sense.

Now watch me commit blasphemy. I recently picked up (to examine) two Chicom bakelite folders. While the nice one was a POS BWest USA made gun, the stock was in perfect shape. You have to mess with the button both to deploy and to fold Deploying would be more a pain. The other rifle was a real Norinco, but the stock was trashed. Someone did stupid things to it, and it was really inop. Lesson: I'd rather have the Bonesteel. It won't break. Those Chicom folders can go south.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glad to hear you're happy with your stock. Bonesteel is definitely the way to go.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I PLAN to soon have a JMAC trunnion installed on my best piece and keep the old trunnion. I have a SIG MPX adjustable folder that I really like. But, yes I DO like the Ultimak - for some reason it seems right on the Mak 90 with the Ultimak.

The Bonesteel also may function well as a 'use the stock and fold only when needed' TTP. It is SO solid and functional (no high mounted optic) it will be nicer than the chicom wood, but able to 'get small' when necessary.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-26-22 at 12:12.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123