Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Is my ACOG legit?

Feedback Score
    It's too bad. That is a really good looking optic.

If it was stolen in Kosovo, as one user suggests, it should be damn-near unusable.

The TA31 is hard to own. I haven't checked in a while, but it used to be that you would find plenty of used ones for sale.

If I had it to do over again, I never would have owned one of the tritium-powered ACOGs.

I have a TA02 in .223. Also one in .300 BlkOut that I keep on a 7.62x39. That's the way to do it.

If you can't see the reticle in a tritium-powered optic in complete darkness, what are you supposed to do? You're supposed to sit there for an hour and let your eyes adjust. Okay. That's what I'm going to do.

That TA31 is so hard to own. So many people try to like them, but most are just fooling themselves.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d poynter View Post
    If you can't see the reticle in a tritium-powered optic in complete darkness, what are you supposed to do?
    I'm not sure I get this. If you can't see the reticle, you surely can't see the target right?

Illuminated reticles are of very little value in my experience. There's only a very short window of time during sun up/sun down where the illumination helps AND you can still see down range too. I don't buy tritium pistol sights for this same reason... you need light to I.D. and shoot a threat/target.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12