Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Is my ACOG legit?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

HELP! Is my ACOG legit?

Purchased this used from a user on TOS with 100% positive feedback. The picture he showed of this TA31 RCO is below:

I entered the SN that was visible "82213" into Trijicon's SN Lookup and it showed legit. When the ACOG arrived, I saw that the SN is actually "822131", and that does not show up on their lookup at all. The ACOG looks like my other TA31 and TA11, raised markings, proper caps, has TA31RCO-M4 visible in the reticle, glows in pitch black, etc. But, it just doesn't show up on their SN lookup! Is it legit, is it stolen .mil property, or is it fake?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My guess would be if it doesn’t show in Trijicons database, it’s a fake. If they keep the .mil serial numbers separately, that I can’t answer. I would definitely be contacting the seller and blowing this up as much as possible on the other site if they can’t prove authenticity or refund your money.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

HELP! Is my ACOG legit?

I’d call Trijicon and ask them before creating a shit storm over there. (Like anyone would notice)

Regardless, you need facts and only they can provide facts.

Websites break data gets lost. Could literally be anything.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-27-21 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks as legit as any ACOG I've ever seen. If it's a fake, it's the best fake ever.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Looks authentic, might be SGP though

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bb223 View Post
    Looks authentic, might be SGP though
    That's my fear. It's absolutely real, but if it isn't registering, it's likely SGP...

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Spoke to Trijicon this morning. They said it's legit. Originally sold to the .gov in 2012. She said it doesn't say if it's stolen or not, just that it was .gov property at one point.

So, keep it or try to get my money back. The tritium is still very bright and it's in great shape.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Spoke to Trijicon this morning. They said it's legit. Originally sold to the .gov in 2012. She said it doesn't say if it's stolen or not, just that it was .gov property at one point.

So, keep it or try to get my money back. The tritium is still very bright and it's in great shape.
    I'd get my money back, but that is just me. Nobody is ever going to track down and punish whomever stole it. So you're probably good either way, just a matter of how you personally feel about the situation.

I would absolutely stir up a shit storm over there about this cat peddling stolen Government property, depending on what you decide.

At least now you know and can make an informed decision based on facts.

Look at it this way, since you are LowSpeed-HighDrag, it just might be dangerous for you to own one of those regardless!
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-28-21 at 07:47.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'd get my money back, but that is just me. Nobody is ever going to track down and punish whomever stole it. So you're probably good either way, just a matter of how you personally feel about the situation.

I would absolutely stir up a shit storm over there about this cat peddling stolen Government property, depending on what you decide.

At least now you know and can make an informed decision based on facts.

Look at it this way, since you are LowSpeed-HighDrag, it just might be dangerous for you to own one of those regardless!
    Just talked to the seller. He refunded me already. Gonna buy brand new this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    If they keep the .mil serial numbers separately, that I can’t answer.
    They do, MIL serial numbers don't show on their public database. A friend of mine bought a second hand ACOG and asked Trijicon about replacing its tritium lamp and the answer was something like "we may service the sight, but as it is registered as property of US DoD we are able to return it back to you".

The sight was probably stolen from the NATO troops during the Kosovo War.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast