Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Arms Workhorse

Feedback Score

Battle Arms Workhorse

I’ve been outta the game for sometime and I am getting back into it as far as the AR / M-4 platform. I have been watching reviews on the Battle Arms Workhorse models for a bit. I wanted you ask y’all who has one and or options of the two models they have. I am look at this vs a Sig M-400 Tread but as I read more about the Sig I see I may need to add / change out of the gate as the Battle Arms should be good to go out of the box. This is just a personal firearm not a duty gun. I was also planning on a LPVO such as a Swamp Fox or the likes.
    Thanks,
    Z
    Last edited by Zebra644; 04-25-22 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    Ok so those of you with Sig M-400 Tread Is files what kind of grouping are you getting?
    Last edited by Zebra644; 04-25-22 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What is a battle arms workhorse? A complete gun?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Yes, they have 2 models of the work horse. I was unaware that BAD who makes the different safety levers and other add ins also make complete rifles. They use Rosco Barrels and I’ve seen some good reviews on them

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra644 View Post
    I was unaware that BAD who makes the different safety levers and other add ins also make complete rifles.
    Same here. I thought BAD posted here. At least they used to.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here. I thought BAD posted here. At least they used to.
    I thought they did as well, they had good info and liked to listen to people. Hopefully those people infected with "the stupid" didn't chase them away. BAD has always made good stuff, and I'll bet their AR is solid as well.

Speaking of manufacturers, SOLG has been MIA as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I thought they did as well, they had good info and liked to listen to people. Hopefully those people infected with "the stupid" didn't chase them away.
    It sucks when the most active gun thread for several days is over a BCM grip screw.

Speaking of manufacturers, SOLG has been MIA as well.
    He chimed in and offered a guy a BCG to test not too long ago. 5-10 days.

Feedback Score
    I have seen stupid chase people away. I’m a LEO and we use the Sig M-400 sbr rifles at work. Today I called our rep and got the info for a 16in version of what my agency uses. I know They shoot well is darn accurate and trustworthy. I thought My only option was the Sig Tread which has mixed reviews. The BAD workhorse has pretty good reviews but I could not find more about the accuracy and delved I to the barrel manufacturer. I was hoping I would have gotten more responses, maybe I didn’t phrase the title well enough or something else. I do appreciate the fact that the two of you responded.

Feedback Score
    I have a BAD workhorse in 16 inch. It's a great gun. In this model they use Rosco barrels and BCGs (a good thing.) I did replace the trigger with a G2S and did exactly like you did and put a Swampfox 1-8 on it. This was not to be a high dollar build. It shoots MOA. I think the rail alone being full coverage, vs the Sig Treads version, would sway me alone towards buying it over the SIG. It's a great gun for the money.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.. I contacted my agencies Sig rep and spoke with them about getting the 16inch LEO model of what we use and it’s the same price as the BAD LEO discount. So I’m kinda stuck the LEO model of the M-400 is much better than the tread. So I’m gonna keep reading and researching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast