Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor Length on 10.3 barrel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I chose the full size Saker for my 10.3 build, it’s still short and handy. Plus, it helps that much more for flash suppression.
    Are you going direct thread on your 10.3 or are you using the quick detach ASR mount? I was probably going to throw whatever can I go with on the ASR muzzle brake. You think with the full size Saker on your 10.3 it is still compact enough for coming around right corners and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Suppressor Length on 10.3 barrel

Somewhat relevant:

This was my MK18 MCMR with Sparc Solar shooting 55gr AE ball ammo through KAC QDC suppressor to test zero shift at 50 yds. Shot from prone on a bipod and rear bag. Group one in blue, suppressed. Group two in red, unsuppressed. Group three unmarked, suppressed. Original zero was unsuppressed.

Despite seeing many Internet claims of it, I’ve never been able to get regular 55gr bulk stuff to shoot better than 2 MOA or so and I chose not to use my magnifier for this since the gun wasn’t zero’d with it. I don’t have a measurement frame of reference to run Ballistic-X at the moment but IIRC, that was about 1 MOA shift at most with some beer math on figuring out the center of those gross groups.

While I need to tighten some variables and shoot at 100, I’m very pleased with an apparent minimal AND consistent shift. That was a big part of why I bought KAC.

Last edited by Wake27; 01-05-22 at 00:56.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Somewhat relevant:

This was my MK18 MCMR with Sparc Solar shooting 55gr AE ball ammo through KAC QDC suppressor to test zero shift at 50 yds. Shot from prone on a bipod and rear bag. Group one in blue, suppressed. Group two in red, unsuppressed. Group three unmarked, suppressed. Original zero was unsuppressed.

Despite seeing many Internet claims of it, I’ve never been able to get regular 55gr bulk stuff to shoot better than 2 MOA or so and I chose not to use my magnifier for this since the gun wasn’t zero’d with it. I don’t have a measurement frame of reference to run Ballistic-X at the moment but IIRC, that was about 1 MOA shift at most with some beer math on figuring out the center of those gross groups.

While I need to tighten some variables and shoot at 100, I’m very pleased with an apparent minimal AND consistent shift. That was a big part of why I bought KAC.

I would repeat that with 10 shot groups on two separate targets. Some other variable is at play with the group in red. Seems the silencer if nothing else makes you shoot tighter groups.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I would repeat that with 10 shot groups on two separate targets. Some other variable is at play with the group in red. Seems the silencer if nothing else makes you shoot tighter groups.
    I will at some point but I’m not too worried about it as it served the purpose of a quick test. Ideally I’d put some magnification on the gun and not be shooting in the snow.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I will at some point but I’m not too worried about it as it served the purpose of a quick test. Ideally I’d put some magnification on the gun and not be shooting in the snow.

Yea I think there's a really good chance that your POI shift is quite a bit less than it looks like on that target at first glance. One thing is for sure, though, your two suppressed groups are way tighter, especially the unmarked one. Hard to say if those to shots on the bullseye in the red group are the actual point of aim or if they were just lucky pulls.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Yea I think there's a really good chance that your POI shift is quite a bit less than it looks like on that target at first glance. One thing is for sure, though, your two suppressed groups are way tighter, especially the unmarked one. Hard to say if those to shots on the bullseye in the red group are the actual point of aim or if they were just lucky pulls.
    That’s a good point as I forgot to mention that it’s not even zero’d for that ammo so I was really looking for the space between the suppressed vs unsuppressed groups vs POI on the target itself. I zero and tend to group with 75gr AE FMJ as it’s close to my 75gr Gold Dot HD load. I need to find more of both those in stock to test as well.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Gemtech Halo II

I have a Colt M4 and a PSA prem 10.5...the Gemtech Halo II Titanium is configured to mate with any 5.56 A2 BIRDCAGE flash hider. It is heavy use and full-auto rated. Signature is reduced enough that hearing pro is optional, but if it was/is a self-def or fighting platform you will be g2g either way.
    https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/qBLyPvSQ3Ty2

Feedback Score
    I started with a Dead Air Nomad on my 10.5” and 12.5” SBRs but the length made it feel long and it was still loud. On the 10.5” my Nomad was not so bad but on my GP 12.5” rifle it felt unbalanced. So I picked up a YHM Turbo K and it the right size for my 12.5. Honestly the difference in sound between the Nomad and TK was not significant enough to make extra length of the Nomad worth it. So I keep my Nomad on my 10.5” and my TK on my 12.5.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
    I started with a Dead Air Nomad on my 10.5” and 12.5” SBRs but the length made it feel long and it was still loud. On the 10.5” my Nomad was not so bad but on my GP 12.5” rifle it felt unbalanced. So I picked up a YHM Turbo K and it the right size for my 12.5. Honestly the difference in sound between the Nomad and TK was not significant enough to make extra length of the Nomad worth it. So I keep my Nomad on my 10.5” and my TK on my 12.5.
    Did you direct thread the TK or use the QD mount that came with it?

Feedback Score
    For both my Nomad and Turbo K I am using the YHM Kurz mount. I wanted to keep length aw short as possible and the YHM mount that came with my TK was about an inch+ longer than the Kurz mount.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast