Thread: Holosun dot blinking out

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Holosun dot blinking out

One of my HE 403R GD is losing the dot only on the 10 setting.
    All other settings the dot is steadfast, even if tapping on side of optic or slightly moving setting dial.
    The previous mentioned will cause the dot on #10 setting to blink off & on.
    Dirty contact or misaligned from factory probable cause.
    My question is anyone else having any issues like this. And if so, did other settings get affected one after the other.
    I don't plan on returning it unless other settings start doing same.
    Thank you, for any thoughts.

PS I plan to get a Trijicon for serious use, I still trust my older HE 403R no problems.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    This may sound dumb, but have you tried a new battery? I had a 407C that did something similar once; new battery fixed it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If changing the battery doesn't fix your problem, try checking the spring tension from the battery cap. You might be able to fix your problem by simply pulling the tension arms away from the cap and increasing the spring force applied to the battery. This is necessary to do with a lot of optics and isn't specific to holosun.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    This may sound dumb, but have you tried a new battery? I had a 407C that did something similar once; new battery fixed it.
    I thought the same thing, bit didn't try it, I will.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did check the spring clips battery is snug.
    I think it's a misaligned contact point on the dial under the part that holds the battery. I can live without the #10 setting, I just don't want the other settings to stop working. It's rock solid on every other setting. Thanks for ideas.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So I tried a new battery, no result.
    It only happens on the #10 setting and mainly when you turn from 9 to 10 from 11 to 10 it is less likely to blink off.
    I think it a miss aligned contact in the rheostat dial behind the battery compartment. It can be accessed but I don't have the tiny spanner wrench or the inclination to mess with it.
    I hope it is a one setting problem. I'll see, or I'll test Holosun's warranty out.
    Was wondering if anyone else had a issue like mine, where only one setting is not working.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 12-29-21 at 13:46.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    One of my HE 403R GD is losing the dot only on the 10 setting.
    All other settings the dot is steadfast, even if tapping on side of optic or slightly moving setting dial.
    The previous mentioned will cause the dot on #10 setting to blink off & on.
    Dirty contact or misaligned from factory probable cause.
    My question is anyone else having any issues like this. And if so, did other settings get affected one after the other.
    I don't plan on returning it unless other settings start doing same.
    Thank you, for any thoughts.

PS I plan to get a Trijicon for serious use, I still trust my older HE 403R no problems.
    I would lean towards sending it back on the theory there may be other issues. I bought the last 515 at a local shop last February and the shake awake feature didn't work. Concern that something else might not be quite right won out over no interest in the shake awake so that issued a return tag and seems like it was around 2 weeks to get a new one back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a pretty quick turnaround.
    I got a link to get a RMA from Holosun & prepaid return shipping.
    They got right back to me. Their CS looks good. Thanks
    God, Family, Freedom.