Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Most efficient cartridge loadings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I also don’t trim pistol/revolver brass. I may end up separating my seating and crimping and/or trying a M die. I think the M die might be less sensitive to case length. Either will eat a toolhead spot, so I’ve been reluctant.

Edit: I just realized I’m way off the original topic. Sorry for the derail.
    Starline brass is very consistent in length. VERY.

If I am working out of 1 lot of Starline (regardless of cal) I can usually seat and crimp in one step with no issues. Mix in some other brass or 'range' pickups and then the issues start.

For me - Range brass gets done in 2 steps as you describe above.

Feedback Score
    I may end up separating my seating and crimping and/or trying a M die. I think the M die might be less sensitive to case length. Either will eat a toolhead spot, so I’ve been reluctant.
    Definitely seat and crimp in separate stations...

The toolhead spots are there to be used. I'm using a RL550B, and if I wasn't seating in station #3 and crimping in #4, then I'd have an empty station (and what good would that do?).

Feedback Score
    I may end up separating my seating and crimping and/or trying a M die. I think the M die might be less sensitive to case length. Either will eat a toolhead spot, so I’ve been reluctant.

The toolhead spots are there to be used. I'm using a RL550B, and if I wasn't seating in station #3 and crimping in #4, then I'd have an empty station (and what good would that do?).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

I’m using a powder checker and bullet drop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456