Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help, I've fallen in love.

Feedback Score
    OP, it sounds as if you can afford the subject/prospective C&S 3" 1911 "Adventurer".
    If that's what you want, go get it. What do we care or, better yet, what does it matter what we think? (Rhetorical question; no need to answer.)

It doesn't seem as if you're going to trade or sell off some other well-loved guns just to get that Adventurer, only to find out you wish you had something you can't get back. You're just going to add something new to your inventory. Try it. You might like it and now you won't regret NOT having bought it.

If it should turn out you don't like it, put it in the safe; give it away as a gift; sell it; carry it as a backup to that something you like better. I know I've done similar things myself I'll probably do it again, too...

I'm sorry, what's the question again?

Feedback Score
    When you buy a 1911 it is not about the price but it is about the. the quality. there is nothing nicer that any high quality 1911.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Fondled a new Cylinder & Slide Adventurer today. Where has this lil' darlin been all my life.

I'm trying to wean myself off of 1911s. This ain't gonna help. Never been a high dollar guy, mostly Colts and Springers.

But damn I love the feel of that C&S. Kinda turned off by the price tag ($3000), and the proprietary mags. I'm gonna resist, I like my money where it is. It's one fine piece though.
    I felt the same way about the Wildey .475 Automag 30 years ago. Still hafta fondle them at gun shows but I wouldn't trade my last year of college ($3k) for one now!!!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I still love love love 1911, 2011 guns. Not that big of a fan for a 1911 3 inch gun. If you buy it I hope you love it and it runs great. Otherwise I would buy a Stacatto or Wilson 9mm variety in EDC guns.

Good luck with your decision.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123