Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help, I've fallen in love.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At one point I got rid of my 1911s... now I have two within arms reach. Its still typically a Glock thats on my belt though.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Don't get a 3"

My first carry gun was a Colt Defender and that worked great for about 500 rounds. 3" 1911s are not usually reliable for long, no matter who makes them. Most custom/semi custom shops don't offer them for this reason.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    Don't get a 3"

My first carry gun was a Colt Defender and that worked great for about 500 rounds. 3" 1911s are not usually reliable for long, no matter who makes them. Most custom/semi custom shops don't offer them for this reason.
    My (primary) carry gun for the last 15 years or so is a Springer 3". I've lost track of round count but around 4-5k. Keeping up on springs is about it. Barrel is worn but servicable.

I "know" I should change up to a modern 9. Trouble is i have so much familiarity with the 1911. Been shooting them since I was like 10 years old. Carried a 1911 when I had cause in the Corps. Qualified with the M9 but never carried one. You could probably cut my hands off and they could operate a 1911 by themselves.

I'm gonna pass on this gun, but I REALLY like it. Except for the mags and the big "ADVENTURER" lettering on the slide, both relatively minor dislikes.

ETA: I decided to pass based on "if I am going to pay 3k for a pistol I shouldn't have any qualms or dislikes that are not easily remedied."
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 12-31-21 at 08:00.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    You say that, but it's in a shop in Prescott Valley. You go feel it up and see if you can hold out.
    Im guessing you stoped in and talked with Boris and Maria?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermedic View Post
    Im guessing you stoped in and talked with Boris and Maria?
    Who me?

Feedback Score
    Sounded like Desert Eagle lol. They are great people and just down the road from me.

Feedback Score
    Boris and Maria are great folks. Love the guys at PV Gun also.

But Bill is my favorite LGS owner ever. Prescott area is a really great place for quality dealers and smiths.

Feedback Score
    Yup, all great people. Back on topic, if you have the cash I vote buy it!

Feedback Score
    At $3,000 it is an expensive handgun. Even more so with the need for custom magazines. And I too dislike large or verbose lettering on my handguns.

From its specs it seems a gun that was designed and built for easy 1911 carry. I have had C&S work on one of my revolvers and their work was superb. This 3” 1911 appears to be built for you; given your long experience with short barreled 1911s. I think it’s worth revisiting the decision to walk away from this unlikely find.
    Last edited by Dan_B; 01-02-22 at 17:22.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Boris and Maria are great folks. Love the guys at PV Gun also.

But Bill is my favorite LGS owner ever. Prescott area is a really great place for quality dealers and smiths.
    Yes us in the PV /Prescott region are in a Mecca for great gun shops.

One issue with using longer mags in a short framed 1911 is it is very easy to over insert them and lock up the gun.
    This is wh6 extended mags for the 1911 have some sort of stop or bumper on the mag to prevent this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast