Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

I totally forgot my RMR suicided the glass about a year and a half ago.

Anything will break.
    That is the same as the only RMR I've seen fail, the glass came out, but that was about 4 years ago on a first gen sight and he was using it to rack the slide.

What happened after it broke, was it replaced/repaired, how many calls/emails did it take, what was the cost?

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    What happened after it broke, was it replaced/repaired, how many calls/emails did it take, what was the cost?
    For data-

Type 1 RM09, I do no manipulate the slide with the RDS. It physically shot the glass out. No idea on round count (I don't keep logs), and it was a few years old with somewhere between 1200-1500 rds/month on a pretty consistent schedule.

One email to Trijicon got me an RMA. I only paid for shipping to them, and they had it repaired (not replaced) in a week or two. They installed new glass and mailed it back. It was a painless process.

It's my SWAT pistol and has been solid since it came back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    For data-

Type 1 RM09, I do no manipulate the slide with the RDS. It physically shot the glass out. No idea on round count (I don't keep logs), and it was a few years old with somewhere between 1200-1500 rds/month on a pretty consistent schedule.

One email to Trijicon got me an RMA. I only paid for shipping to them, and they had it repaired (not replaced) in a week or two. They installed new glass and mailed it back. It was a painless process.

It's my SWAT pistol and has been solid since it came back.
    Good to know.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    You're welcome, man.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've never personally witnessed an RMR fail, but am a member of several forums where people have had issues with the Gen 1s battery contacts. I've also seen where the glass has fallen out on at least one other. I've also read of several Holosuns failing over the years, though to be fair usually the lower end models. I've had one out 5 Holosuns fail, and I've had a buddy have one fail. This was my first Holosun a few years ago, an older 503 where the buttons lost consistency in changing the brightness. Holosun issued an RMA after one phone call and after a couple of weeks I had a brand new HS515GM, a nice upgrade from what I sent in.

Since then I've bought 4 more. A HE530, a 507c, a 507k, and a 508t. All have been good to go. I have a HE515gt coming in tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    What you dismiss as gimmicks, other people like. Shake awake might not always be useful, but it helps with battery life. Green Dots work better for some people, and the option to pick a reticle, aka, the actual user interface portion of the optic, is huge. None of the Type 2 RMRs offer anything but a red dot. At all. The battery-free version is largely looked down on by most people, and even it doesn't really do what the new solar version from HoloSun is offering. Even if you never lose your zero, removing the optic to replace a battery is a colossal PITA. And, comparing the two, HoloSun's glass is just as clear as the RMR's maybe better. So, what does the RMR offer? Durability? Probably, but by all accounts, not by much. American made, sure. What else? Anything? Compare that to the "gimmicks", and constantly evolving product line, and it's pretty damn clear that the price between the two is just the icing on the cake.

And no, I'm not the type of person that needs to chase the new shiny toy every year. But when you do an honest assessment and compare the two companies' offerings, one is definitely advancing, and the other is Trijicon.
    You said it. The gimmicks are things that others like. A well marketed gimmick makes a mint. People having a preference for stupid shit does not make it superior. Shake awake is a failure point, just spend the $4 and change the battery. The reticle is a gimmick. Are you too stupid to use a simple dot? The one that can be argued is the green dot. A very personal preference but green is said to be easier for the human eye to detect. Not a deal breaker, but something the non communist brands need to look into. That being said, green lasers require more power than red.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    For 20,000 straight hours? GTFOH. The cheers aren't for China, in case you have a reading comprehension problem, everyone here that likes the Holosun products are because it is a better optic, China is the universally accepted negative part. Everyone accepts that fact. You don't have to buy it or like it. Totally cool...but bashing it with BS facts just makes you a simple minded hater. Nothing more. If you acknowledged the superiority but hated it because China...understood. Adding bs doesn't help your case and certainly doesn't help Trijicon get off their asses and get with innovation.

You will just be the guy with the '80 Camaro because 'Mericuh, while most people laugh at you on the side of the road in their Honda Accords.
    Holosuns are better how? What do they do that an ACRO or RMR doesn't? No one has yet to articulate that. All I hear is "shake awake, goofy reticle, and price!" None of which have any effect on performance or reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Again if you are going to bash a product, maybe you should actually learn about it first instead of just hating on something you know nothing about and never tried. Only haters do that...and everyone can see it but the other 2 haters. To help you out with actual facts, and yet debunk another one of your "arguments", it charges on ambient light also. It doesn't have to be direct sunlight.

As far as green goes, it is proven green is better for many people. The OP himself is one of them and stated that fact.

Sage Dynamics has tested Holosun and Trijicon. More brutally than you or I will ever be on an optic. Surprise! His white paper on those tests has RMR failures too.

Red dot 101: You don't focus on the red dot, you focus on the target. The circle dot helps quicken close in, less precise shots. I know it helped my Action Steel times.

Until you are not buying any Chinese products at all, save your moral high ground argument and store it in your '80 Camaro.
    I believe you're talking about the new Holosun? The one that YOU and no one else has any experience with. Didn't you just say

"if you are going to bash a product, maybe you should actually learn about it first instead of just hating on something you know nothing about and never tried."

So before you go licking CCP boots maybe you should try one as well.

Your last statement is the usual regurgitated apologist response from all the China lovers. Apparently you people believe in an all or nothing mentality. Seeing as Western society has sold its soul to the Chinese for the last 40 plus years, it's difficult to eliminate Chinese goods from ones life. Removing them when and where possible seems like a defeatist approach for you China lovers, so it makes welcoming communist goods and the support you send to the CCP easier to swallow when justified as such.

I guess if we can't cure every case of cancer we shouldn't bother trying to cure any. Your logic not mine..

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Maybe you'd have been better off reading JSantoro's fantastic post than spouting off again....

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have several newer Adjustable RMRs and also a couple of 507 ACSS Vulcans (^ with big circle).

My RMRs are on rifles for NOD work and for that they are fine, but the 507 ACSS Vulcan is so much better on a pistol.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    "Colossal PITA" equals turning two screws once a year?

Wow.

I removed and replaced a 750# transmission from a Peterbuilt yesterday to replace a $8 rear main seal, with less drama.

I'm not even going to waste time telling how far off you are on the gimmicks.

I am surprised you didn't mention the awesome solar setup that doesn't work in cars, buildings or any dark area, ie where most people need guns. But hey its pretty.
    Yes, I call unmounting the entire optic to change a battery a PITA. If I had to do the same for my rifle's red dots, I'd probably agree with okie that irons are better. Thankfully, the micro red dot world is the only place where American companies think that is acceptable.

And last I checked, cars and buildings had ambient light, and thus the solar failsafe was still likely to get some sort of charge. And it's a damn failsafe, not the primary means of powering the optic on the vast majority of models.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You said it. The gimmicks are things that others like. A well marketed gimmick makes a mint. People having a preference for stupid shit does not make it superior. Shake awake is a failure point, just spend the $4 and change the battery. The reticle is a gimmick. Are you too stupid to use a simple dot? The one that can be argued is the green dot. A very personal preference but green is said to be easier for the human eye to detect. Not a deal breaker, but something the non communist brands need to look into. That being said, green lasers require more power than red.
    Ah, the ad hominem attacks. Lovely. Maybe I am "too stupid" to use a simple dot. Or maybe I recognize and agree with the various arguments around different size dots, and see the circle dot reticle the best of both worlds, giving a larger aiming point in emergencies and a smaller dot for more precise aiming? Maybe I have real-world experience with that type of reticle, something hardly unique to HoloSun, and am basing that opinion on that experience? Nah, probably best to assume I'm the stupid one here.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast