Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That down range sensor auto adjust tech looks pretty cool if it works as claimed. They have also made progress on miniaturizing the enclosed emitter RDS.

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That down range sensor auto adjust tech looks pretty cool if it works as claimed. They have also made progress on miniaturizing the enclosed emitter RDS.

I guess I’m a bad American, because I might give one of those a try.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Why is the most innovative red dot manufacturer not an American made and manufactured company?
    We all know the answer to that. It's because the American companies stopped innovating a while ago because they didn't see the need. A lot of the reactions in this thread are proof of that. We've got brand loyalties wrapped in nationalism and anti-communist language used to justify inferior products and attack anyone that prefers options not provided by the big American companies. It's sad that Aimpoint, Trijicon, and EOTech stopped innovating, just as it was sad when Colt did it. Colt paid for their lack of innovation, and dependence on government contracts. American optic companies likely will pay the same price. They shouldn't be rewarded for their choice just because they are American. If they lose a significant part of their market to newer, more innovative companies, maybe they'll get their act together.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    We all know the answer to that. It's because the American companies stopped innovating a while ago because they didn't see the need. A lot of the reactions in this thread are proof of that. We've got brand loyalties wrapped in nationalism and anti-communist language used to justify inferior products and attack anyone that prefers options not provided by the big American companies. It's sad that Aimpoint, Trijicon, and EOTech stopped innovating, just as it was sad when Colt did it. Colt paid for their lack of innovation, and dependence on government contracts. American optic companies likely will pay the same price. They shouldn't be rewarded for their choice just because they are American. If they lose a significant part of their market to newer, more innovative companies, maybe they'll get their act together.
    Truth. It happens time and time again. You would think they would learn. They don't. Auto industry. Gun industry. Greed, upper management salaries and bonuses need to continue as usual. Cut the R&D and other expenses before their portion gets cut - ballers gotta ball.

Do you think Glock would still be as relevant if they charged 50% more than other competitors? No...more and more people would switch out and never look back. They are relevant because they offer a competitive product at a competitive price (and I'm not a Glock guy).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Truth. It happens time and time again. You would think they would learn. They don't. Auto industry. Gun industry. Greed, upper management salaries and bonuses need to continue as usual. Cut the R&D and other expenses before their portion gets cut - ballers gotta ball.

Do you think Glock would still be as relevant if they charged 50% more than other competitors? No...more and more people would switch out and never look back. They are relevant because they offer a competitive product at a competitive price (and I'm not a Glock guy).
    Glock is a good example, but maybe not entirely the right one. Their guns cost like $200 to make. They were the first, they have a proven product, and they hold a bunch of patents. But your point stands, if they sold to non-LE/mil consumers (i.e., 'us') guns that were $750, their market would be a whole lot less.

There are a bunch of issues about why we outsource...economics, manpower pool, tooling, supplies and engineering costs, etc. Greed is definitely part of it: decreasing per unit cost without decreasing one's salary (or even increasing it) in order to increase the bottom line, moving R&D overseas...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    I prefered it over the RMR because of cleaner glass, sharper reticle, and the battery life is still there. Not to mention half the price and being able to switch over to the circle dot is nice for introducing new shooters to a RDS on a handgun.

Edit: I'll also add that it is awesome to be able to change a battery without removing the optic.
    Glass clarity is top notch on an RMR. With target focus you shouldn't notice it anyway. Reticle clarity, a personal opinion. Switching reticle for new shooters is a weak justification (and a dumb one) for selecting an optic. The battery change requiring removal is not optimal however, with a 4 year constant on life at medium setting or, approximately a year at high setting I don't see removing the optic annually as such an issue, I have yet to see any significant issues with holding zero after replacing the battery in my RMR which is is rifle mounted. The real reason is the price. America is king of "gotta have tons of shit so cheap is the order of the day" mentality. It's precisely why Walmart is so successful and most manufacturing has been moved offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    If he is serious about using a tool for shooting that suits him best, I'd say his priority is perfectly in line for his needs.
    And again, you missed the point and appear to have your priorities misaligned.

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    That video just pisses me off even more, than I was when I started this thread.

Why is the most innovative red dot manufacturer not an American made and manufactured company?
    Trijicon offers a battery free RMR, they did it first. There's no telling if the Holosun is better or worse as it has just been released. I'm not disputing that Holosun designs aren't fresh and push the market. I question their quality, the necessity for stupid shit like shake awake and solar and naturally their support of the CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    What does a Holosun do that an RMR or Aimpoint doesn't?? They offer gimmicks and lower prices. No doubt US brands have been slow to innovate but, the question needs to be asked. Why do they need to constantly offer "new" stuff? You can knock Aimpoint (and Glock) all you want. They offer solid products and haven't strayed from that. Seems to be working out just fine for them. New doesn't automatically mean better. Unfortunately the American public has been led to believe that and go so far as to poo poo companies who don't release a new product every quarter. It's not about accepting "inferior" products for the sake of nationalism (Aimpoint is Swedish). It's about being realistic with the products being offered and selecting the one that CHECKS THE MOST BOXES. Holosun falls short compared to the others. The loss of market share to Holosun is entirely rooted in their ability to undercut anyone through their use of slave labor. If that's something you can morally justify then so be it. Others cannot. If this is the easy button so many wish to press then so be it. Just don't complain when your job is outsourced to a nation for a more cost effective model.

I agree that greed is a player. However, capitalism is entirely built on making money, profit. If more profit is possible you would be foolish not to seek it. The other side of the profit coin is risk. Some of the risk is directly associated with alienating your customers by outsourcing production. Both location and quality of product can have negative effects on sales. With many having no issues with buying outsourced products the only concern is quality. With the excellent marketing campaign from companies like Vortex with their "most amazing warranty ever" they've shored up the quality concern without having to offer anything of real quality. Nothing pleases people more than low prices and no fault warranties. It's carte blanche to be reckless with your low dollar product without worry. I will get a replacement for life! This mentality eliminates any further need to research or question the brand/product at hand. This results in domination by attrition, not dominance by superior product.

Feedback Score
    Half price, lol.

I can't stand liars.

Feedback Score

Glock got the LE marlet not by being the best pistol but by being good enough and offering Glock packages to LE for basically almost free.

Feedback Score
    I shot my friends Holosun glock beside my RMR CZ.

I am sorry the glass on the Holosun was much better than my RMR, and the green of the dot worked a lot better with my eyes than my red dot RMR.

Battery on the bottom, is not a deal breaker for me with the RMR. I have never had a RMR lose zero on me with a batter change.

But it pains me to say the Holosun is superior in my use to the RMR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Half price, lol.

I can't stand liars.
    Are you referring to my 50% more statement? If so, 50% more does not mean half price. Math...you gotta love it....or not I guess.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast