Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Are you referring to my 50% more statement? If so, 50% more does not mean half price. Math...you gotta love it....or not I guess.
    Post 115 is one of the ones I saw.

If those weren't your posts, then your smug math comment is.............
    Last edited by .45fan; 01-24-22 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Post 115 is one of the ones I saw.

If those weren't your posts, then your smug math comment is.............
    I apologize then for the smug math comment. A reply with a quote would have avoided the confusion. Especially when its 12 posts back.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    And again, you missed the point and appear to have your priorities misaligned.
    LOL, I am certain YOU are not the one to tell ME what MY priories are...
    Last edited by chuckman; 01-25-22 at 06:54.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    LOL, I am certain YOU are not the one to tell ME what MY priories are...
    You'll never win with Mysterymeat.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    LOL....
    Last edited by chuckman; 01-25-22 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    What does a Holosun do that an RMR or Aimpoint doesn't?? They offer gimmicks and lower prices. No doubt US brands have been slow to innovate but, the question needs to be asked. Why do they need to constantly offer "new" stuff? You can knock Aimpoint (and Glock) all you want. They offer solid products and haven't strayed from that. Seems to be working out just fine for them. New doesn't automatically mean better. Unfortunately the American public has been led to believe that and go so far as to poo poo companies who don't release a new product every quarter. It's not about accepting "inferior" products for the sake of nationalism (Aimpoint is Swedish). It's about being realistic with the products being offered and selecting the one that CHECKS THE MOST BOXES. Holosun falls short compared to the others. The loss of market share to Holosun is entirely rooted in their ability to undercut anyone through their use of slave labor. If that's something you can morally justify then so be it. Others cannot. If this is the easy button so many wish to press then so be it. Just don't complain when your job is outsourced to a nation for a more cost effective model.
    What you dismiss as gimmicks, other people like. Shake awake might not always be useful, but it helps with battery life. Green Dots work better for some people, and the option to pick a reticle, aka, the actual user interface portion of the optic, is huge. None of the Type 2 RMRs offer anything but a red dot. At all. The battery-free version is largely looked down on by most people, and even it doesn't really do what the new solar version from HoloSun is offering. Even if you never lose your zero, removing the optic to replace a battery is a colossal PITA. And, comparing the two, HoloSun's glass is just as clear as the RMR's maybe better. So, what does the RMR offer? Durability? Probably, but by all accounts, not by much. American made, sure. What else? Anything? Compare that to the "gimmicks", and constantly evolving product line, and it's pretty damn clear that the price between the two is just the icing on the cake.

And no, I'm not the type of person that needs to chase the new shiny toy every year. But when you do an honest assessment and compare the two companies' offerings, one is definitely advancing, and the other is Trijicon.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 01-25-22 at 10:05. Reason: "your" is hard apparently
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is akin to the 1911 guys and Glock back in the day...and the buy US cars over Japanese in the 80's.

Also, durability for Holosun (do not group other cheap chinese optics in the same bucket) used to be an issue, just like the first Japanese cars weren't that good. Those do not apply anymore. Those people in denial are bringing up old, no longer applicable data to justify there stance.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-25-22 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    *double*

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    While this is true, his posts entertain me greatly. The white-knight nature of letting everyone know what they need to do and what their priorities should be gets me everytime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    What you dismiss as gimmicks, other people like. Shake awake might not always be useful, but it helps with battery life. Green Dots work better for some people, and the option to pick a reticle, aka, the actual user interface portion of the optic, is huge. None of the Type 2 RMRs offer anything but a red dot. At all. The battery-free version is largely looked down on by most people, and even it doesn't really do what the new solar version from HoloSun is offering. Even if you never lose your zero, removing the optic to replace a battery is a colossal PITA. And, comparing the two, HoloSun's glass is just as clear as the RMR's maybe better. So, what does the RMR offer? Durability? Probably, but by all accounts, not by much. American made, sure. What else? Anything? Compare that to the "gimmicks", and constantly evolving product line, and it's pretty damn clear that the price between the two is just the icing on the cake.

And no, I'm not the type of person that needs to chase the new shiny toy every year. But when you do an honest assessment and compare the two companies' offerings, one is definitely advancing, and the other is Trijicon.
    "Colossal PITA" equals turning two screws once a year?

Wow.

I removed and replaced a 750# transmission from a Peterbuilt yesterday to replace a $8 rear main seal, with less drama.

I'm not even going to waste time telling how far off you are on the gimmicks.

I am surprised you didn't mention the awesome solar setup that doesn't work in cars, buildings or any dark area, ie where most people need guns. But hey its pretty.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast