Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I know they’re a back up. If you need them to find the dot, you need more time shooting a pistol with a RDS. The only time you should need to use the irons is as a backup (ie no dot). Like I said, if you’re using both together, you’re doing it wrong. At that point you might as well stick to irons and get rid of the RDS because you’re slowing yourself down trying to make both part of the process.
    Not disagreeing. As I said, the primary purpose is as a back up, but there are times, such as in unconventional positions or situations where the irons can be used as an aid in finding the dot. Either way, a red dot on a pistol needs (lower) cowitness irons on any serious use weapon. With gaming guns, buis lose their urgency.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Not disagreeing. As I said, the primary purpose is as a back up, but there are times, such as in unconventional positions or situations where the irons can be used as an aid in finding the dot. Either way, a red dot on a pistol needs (lower) cowitness irons on any serious use weapon. With gaming guns, buis lose their urgency.
    You lose me at the cowitness part. As long as my irons can be see in the glass of my rmr, I don’t care if the dot meets up with them or not because the irons mean nothing to me as long as the dot is working. The reality is no matter where the dot is in the glass, as long as it’s on the part of the target I want to hit I’m happy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    You lose me at the cowitness part. As long as my irons can be see in the glass of my rmr, I don’t care if the dot meets up with them or not because the irons mean nothing to me as long as the dot is working. The reality is no matter where the dot is in the glass, as long as it’s on the part of the target I want to hit I’m happy.
    Yeah, I was thinking that cowitness may bring the wrong connotation. I meant visible in a backup capacity, but I think you caught my drift.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I was thinking that cowitness may bring the wrong connotation. I meant visible in a backup capacity, but I think you caught my drift.
    I think we’re on the same page now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't you lose the ability to cowitness with the adapter plate? That seems like a much bigger weakness than potentially losing the dot due to the battery but still being able to use the irons.
    I had the slide milled for the RMRcc by Culper Precision. No adaptor plates involved. Yes, the base of the RMRcc sits too high for the factory sights. Suppressor height sights will come later.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I had the slide milled for the RMRcc by Culper Precision. No adaptor plates involved. Yes, the base of the RMRcc sits too high for the factory sights. Suppressor height sights will come later.
    Oh, that's nice. How was the work from Culper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It's a consumer psychology. In our world, this world, we niggle in these details. The reality? I bet when we go to our collective graves not a single one of us outside of perhaps the mil or LE will ever use this stuff as intended, in a SD or HD scenario. The guns and some of the gear for hunting is another matter.

No different than drivers choosing to get something cheaper because it's, well, cheaper, knowing it suits their needs for the moment. And we know car and bike guys invariably move up to better cars and bikes.
    It is absolutely consumer psychology. It's a common tactic to encourage people to buy more shit of lesser quality than the inverse. It covers a wider economic demographic, which invariably involves a wider intellectual demographic as well. A fool and his money are soon parted. The business model of all low end manufacturers.

The car comparison is not a fair comparison. The cost of a car is much greater than that of a rifle/pistol and setup to go with. The difference in price within the automotive market is also much greater. You are correct in that most will likely never use the gear as intended. That being said, no one with any level of intelligence would risk their personal safety on sub standard equipment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh, that's nice. How was the work from Culper?
    Beautiful!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    That being said, no one with any level of intelligence would risk their personal safety on sub standard equipment.
    Your right, but channels like Sage Dynamics has proven Holosun is no longer sub standard. Look at the white paper he has on his website for recorded failures. It will surprise you. I doubt if it will change your mind because...you...but sub standard it is not.

https://1312bba5-e7e7-76e8-1fca-a01b...bb23e912fa.pdf

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The car comparison is not a fair comparison. The cost of a car is much greater than that of a rifle/pistol and setup to go with. The difference in price within the automotive market is also much greater. You are correct in that most will likely never use the gear as intended. That being said, no one with any level of intelligence would risk their personal safety on sub standard equipment.
    What I mean by 'car and bike guys' are collectors, muscle cars, etc. Not Honda Odyssey schleps like me.

The thing about this stuff, it's not binary: there's not life-saving/not-life-saving. It's degrees. People add those degrees to probability of use/need and come up with their best decisions.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast