Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have been eying the 507 for a while. I like the look of the reticle, green dot…hate the made in China but unfortunately that I s such a hard hill to die on. Our lives would be nearly empty if we removed all the made in china crap.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IF this helps..Ive heard MrGuns&Gear say Mr. Holosun has dual Chinese/American citizenship, and was at one time anyway, going to start making them here, iirc. As he is a private citizen/business, it supposedly doesnt benefit the Chinese mlitary...I dont know 100% tho.
    What about Crimson Trace, Steiner, and/or other USA/nor China made made ones?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Everything built in China benefits the commies and their military to say other wise is just stupid.

I have nothing against products made in other countries excluding China. If Holosun were made in Viet Nam, I would have no problem or the Dominican Republic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Everything built in China benefits the commies and their military to say other wise is just stupid.

I have nothing against products made in other countries excluding China. If Holosun were made in Viet Nam, I would have no problem or the Dominican Republic.
    I agree with you @yoni. I'm making a much more conscientious effort to avoid Chinese products, with the exception of anything that is life savings or might give me an advantage in a gun fight. One reason I don't own, nor allow any Apple products in my house. Holosun is really the only place where I willingly compromise.

Obviously there are a whole bunch of products that use parts or materials sourced from China, without which modern urban life would be seriously compromised, such as rare earth metals for example. But as far as products "Made in China," I avoid them almost entirely. With the exception of Holosun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its a tuff pill to swallow but some Chinese shit is GTG. Holosun is a great example.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    What I don't get is why don't the US and others countries straight up rip off China like China did to them and apply improvements to their product line?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I agree with you @yoni. I'm making a much more conscientious effort to avoid Chinese products, with the exception of anything that is life savings or might give me an advantage in a gun fight. One reason I don't own, nor allow any Apple products in my house. Holosun is really the only place where I willingly compromise.

Obviously there are a whole bunch of products that use parts or materials sourced from China, without which modern urban life would be seriously compromised, such as rare earth metals for example. But as far as products "Made in China," I avoid them almost entirely. With the exception of Holosun.
    Then you're home must be fairly empty, easily 90-95% of household items are chicom. No apple products ? Ok. What laptop are using ? Lenovo ?Dell ?Samsung Made in China. Most of your clothing ? Made in china. With the exception of Italian modern or Scandesign, most furniture made in china. Any recent prescription meds? Either china or India for generics. You may think you're avoiding Chinese products, but you're not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Then you're home must be fairly empty, easily 90-95% of household items are chicom. No apple products ? Ok. What laptop are using ? Lenovo ?Dell ?Samsung Made in China. Most of your clothing ? Made in china. With the exception of Italian modern or Scandesign, most furniture made in china. Any recent prescription meds? Either china or India for generics. You may think you're avoiding Chinese products, but you're not.
    You're probably right that there's a lot more Chinese crap in my house than I'm aware of. But my pc is built from parts, some of which I know are made in China, and many parts not. Furniture is made in North Carolina or handmade here in Georgia. Etc, etc.

Like I said, I really do try to avoid Chinese manufacturered or sourced products whenever possible. With the exception of Holosun.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm in a similar boat. Finally decided to get an optic for my Sig M17, and was planning on going with Trijicon because I've used many Trijicon products over the years and love the company. Picked up a Shadow Systems pistol with a Holosun 507c on it, and was blown away by how much better the optic looked. I loved the circle/dot reticle, it's been my favorite reticle since I first picked up an EOTech. Decided to look into them more, since I had long ignored the brand in favor of other options, and discovered that they make the same reticle in green. Oh boy, I think I'm going to be getting a Holosun for my Sig. Damn shame, because while I don't mind paying more for an American (or allied nation) made product, I don't care for paying more for an arguably inferior product unless there are some solid points in its favor. At this point, the HE597c is beating the pants off the RMR.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    What I don't get is why don't the US and others countries straight up rip off China like China did to them and apply improvements to their product line?
    Because the end result would be a product that most likely costs more than the product that it’s trying to imitate. That’s a big financial gamble that has no guarantee of success.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast